Where do I find this to buy?

Funner

I am looking at these for putting on an 80% build that has no markings. I would prefer to have one with safe, auto, etc. 2 or 3 position markings. Or if any of you know of a simple way of marking that looks good. I could do a white and red dot.

Attachments

• markings.jpg
    markings.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 379

Junkcollector

I have steel letter stamps of that type. They are square on the sides which would let you hold them together for alignment, but they are tapered down where the letters are. When you try to print a word they are spaced way too far apart to be proper. instead of being ( BURST ) it would look more like ( B U R S T )

Funner

I did a couple of knife blades with that saltwater etching. It works. Thanks for that info.

I have some number/letter punches that I will just punch a S and F for the selector markings then fill with red and white.

ADAM12

UZI Talk Supporter
Not sure, I never used it.
I just found it and posted it for you.
It looked like an easy way to mark a lower.

Super Dak©

Just an update, I tried this and it turned out pretty good.
Used about 1/4 tsp of salt for 1 cup of water. Used an old/leftover plug in power adapter (output 11VDC 50Ma), cut off the end and added alligator clips. And 12 Q-tips per word. Takes a while to do, but it's easy and cheap! I've got about $5 into it (minus my time, which I have plenty of :))
Just a note, don't use black tape/vinyl for the mask. The aluminum turns black during the process, so I didn't notice the center of the A lift off at some point (I got lucky it happened towards the end).

Attachments

• AR Lower.JPG
    AR Lower.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 113
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter