Which model is the “best” or most versatile

Brockak47

Hello, I used to have an m11/9 that I regret selling as I never got to use it with any lage uppers except the subcal kit & I’m considering picking another one up.

Any reasons to look at the m10 or m11a1 over an m11/9?

TIA

Bobby Boucher

UZI Talk Life Member
M11a1 is pretty much a machine pistol which is fun. I don't have experienced a m10. M11/9 has all the accessories at this point. I would go m11 every time unless you have a specific desire otherwise. In my opinion it is clearly the most versatile. Just make sure you get all those accessories while you can. CFW bolt is one of the must haves.

har1340

Tough call. I have both the M10 .45 and a M-11 with a .22lr conversion. I just tend to shoot my .45 100% of the time. I for one just love the .45.
Good luck get both...

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Personally I find "best" very subjective, as noted from the previous posters. As far as versatile, that would tend to be a numbers game. There are many numbers thrown around as to the numbers of transferable M11, M10, and M11/NINE machineguns in the registry. It is my understanding that there are around 3,000 M11, 8,000 M10 and over 17,000 M11/NINE models that are transferable. Development of accessories is expensive. With fewer possible customers, developers would tend to develop products for the biggest market. So developers tend to make products for the M11/NINE as it is a much bigger market. For sheer numbers of accessories, the M11/NINE would have the greatest number.

For me price and availability tends to be most important. A local deal, especially when that might be at lower than market value has more appeal than a specific model multiple states away, at or above market value has the least appeal. As time goes on and transferable prices continue to rise, the think that the thicker sheetmetal stronger construction of the M10 will tend to lend itself to more possible conversions requiring the the additional strength of the M10 receiver then the thinner lighter construction of other models. But that is certainly down the road.

Scott

Galil#1

Agree with Scott especially of the "stronger" sheetmetal of the M10. Once the Lage MAX 10/15 becomes available, seems like a no brainer IMHO. Yes the 11/15 has been out awhile already. That's of course if your interested in shooting a 5.56/.223 in FA the least costly $$ way possible etc. Don't believe you can make a poor decision either way ya go. Like others have said, get both/all three ha!

renovate7

Assuming the .223 upper comes out for the M10 that would be the obvious choice. You get .45, an excellent round to suppress, 9mm with the Suomi upper and the hopefully soon to be seen .223...I bought an M10 at a really low price at an auction last year. Then the slow fire upper and Suomi upper. When the .223 upper got delayed found a deal on an M11/9 that already had a slow fire upper. Added the .223 upper and I now have many choices

woodenword

UZI Talk Supporter
Well right now I don’t think there is any doubt that the M11/9 is the most versatile. I have a 9 mm slow fire upper that takes drums and stick mags, a 5.56 upper, and a .22 kit. There’s also the CFW bolt and Shockwave mags for the stock or Max-11 uppers. Right now no other have all that and who knows when they might.
As far as the thickness of the M10, I haven’t heard of any of the Lage uppers causing problem. Could there be a problem with other conversions for the M11/9. I guess that is a possibility, as Scott has suggested.

Maniac11/9

Personally I find "best" very subjective, as noted from the previous posters. As far as versatile, that would tend to be a numbers game. There are many numbers thrown around as to the numbers of transferable M11, M10, and M11/NINE machineguns in the registry. It is my understanding that there are around 3,000 M11, 8,000 M10 and over 17,000 M11/NINE models that are transferable. Development of accessories is expensive. With fewer possible customers, developers would tend to develop products for the biggest market. So developers tend to make products for the M11/NINE as it is a much bigger market. For sheer numbers of accessories, the M11/NINE would have the greatest number.

Scott

Was there a specific reason why you chose the M10 over the M11/9 for the first version of the Tenko?

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Was there a specific reason why you chose the M10 over the M11/9 for the first version of the Tenko?

Yes, Richard was bringing his Max11/15 upper to the M11/NINE first. He makes great products. I was hoping to be the first manufacturer to bring a rifle caliber possibility to the M10 market. Many have expressed that they would buy the first option that came to market. Of course that plan was supposed to happen in the last quarter of 2018.

Our resubmition is coming together. We hope to start testing in next few weeks. We are working out how to modify a standard M10 sear for use with the fire control interlocks such that the adapter without a M10 lower receiver would not be "easily converted". We also have an eye toward making sure that the Tenko would not meet the changes that the ATF wants to make to the definition of firearm frame or receiver. It seems everything is being held up until the ATF gets that settled. In the aluminum version determination, the ATF considered the Tenko adapter with an AR upper to be a machinegun. They never called the Tenko adapter a firearm frame or receiver. We think that with the changes that the ATF will have a very difficult time converting the adapter to fire. So if the adapter is not a machinegun and does not meet the definition of firearm frame or receiver, then by default the Tenko adapter would be a firearm accessory. Here's hoping.

Scott
Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.

ETA There are some things I hope to get to where the additional size and strength of the M10 receiver would be critical.

Last edited:

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve got an M10/45, M11 and an M11/9.

My preference in Factory configuration
1. PS M10/45 with or without factory suppressor (can also run 9mm).
2. M11 with or without factory suppressor (hell of a ride).
3. M11/9 with or without the factory suppressor.

My preference with aftermarket items Is the exact opposite as above.
1. M11/9 so many accessories.
2. M11 with CFW A bolt. I know the bolt was mainly made for the m11/9 but this bolt is perfection in the m11/380.
3. M10/45 is a tank and theres still a lot of after market items.

What I’m trying to say is I really enjoy each one and I think you’ll be happy with any one of them.

Wetworks

UZI Talk Supporter
I’ve got an M10/45, M11 and an M11/9.

My preference in Factory configuration
1. PS M10/45 with or without factory suppressor (can also run 9mm).
2. M11 with or without factory suppressor (hell of a ride).
3. M11/9 with or without the factory suppressor.

My preference with aftermarket items Is the exact opposite as above.
1. M11/9 so many accessories.
2. M11 with CFW A bolt. I know the bolt was mainly made for the m11/9 but this bolt is perfection in the m11/380.
3. M10/45 is a tank and theres still a lot of after market items.

What I’m trying to say is I really enjoy each one and I think you’ll be happy with any one of them.

This is about exactly how I feel about having all 3. It really depends on what you want to do.
If your dead set on having a rifle caliber option I would get the m11/9 though, hopefully the other have that option one day but it can’t be promised to happen.

Galil#1

Just for curiosity sake?... does anyone know the technical difference of the type of metal and metal thickness of the original M10 vs. M11?

Brockak47

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with an m11/nine like I used to have as I found one locally. I’m a bit bummed to see the lage 22 kit is shut down though. I preemptively bought a cfw A bolt as well, I’m pretty stoked to try it out

JohnFreeman

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with an m11/nine like I used to have as I found one locally. I’m a bit bummed to see the lage 22 kit is shut down though. I preemptively bought a cfw A bolt as well, I’m pretty stoked to try it out

You did well. The CF bolt is a must-have.

22 Kits are available from time to time here. IMHO they're "fussy" to get running right.

LawBob

Hello, I used to have an m11/9 that I regret selling as I never got to use it with any lage uppers except the subcal kit & I’m considering picking another one up.

Any reasons to look at the m10 or m11a1 over an m11/9?]

M11 generally

But the m11a1 has many options now

It’s smaller

Can shoot .380 or

9mm in
Gray ghost upper w cfwa bolt
Max-11a1 mk2
Max-31a
Etc

Lage has the max-11a1-15 in process which will be the best configuration for 556 (smallest) but the m11 has it now.

TIA[/QUOTE]

LawBob

The m11a1-Lage mk2 is the closest thing to a true pdw you can buy (f/a)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter