Will these mags work?

aw4ever

Those are probably National mags. I got a couple of the 50s. I won;t get anymore. The 32s were ok but, not anything near as good as a converted Soumi mag. As always any mag you get for a MAC style gun will probably need to be tweeked to run right in your gun.

MPA guy

Those look just like the same 50 round mags that I bought from USMG a while back (for about $90 for a 3 pack).

One curious thing I noticed of those are two of the mags didn't have a reinforcing bar on the top front at the seam and they were just spot/tack welded, while the other mag did have one.

The followers in the USMG ones are made of plastic. And I have yet to be able to remove the floorplate on any of them since the lips look like they've been bent inward for some reason and I haven't pried on them to get them apart.

I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know how they'll run, or if loading them to capacity will cause them to swell out, but the seam of one of them looks pretty iffy since I can see light through it without any rounds in the mag.

osumetallurgist

MPA guy said:
Those look just like the same 50 round mags that I bought from USMG a while back (for about $90 for a 3 pack).

One curious thing I noticed of those are two of the mags didn't have a reinforcing bar on the top front at the seam and they were just spot/tack welded, while the other mag did have one.

The followers in the USMG ones are made of plastic. And I have yet to be able to remove the floorplate on any of them since the lips look like they've been bent inward for some reason and I haven't pried on them to get them apart.

I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know how they'll run, or if loading them to capacity will cause them to swell out, but the seam of one of them looks pretty iffy since I can see light through it without any rounds in the mag.

Is it possible to weld up the magazines yourself and add a spine to them? I'm going to start buying magazines soon so I don't have to use the cobray magazines mine came with.

MPA guy

Yes it is possible to do it yourself.

But some people are unwilling to feel that they should for a magazine that already costs about $30.

And considering that a Suomi mag is much better in different ways, if I wanted to weld on anything, it would be a better quality to begin with.

Just my 2 cents

MgA_ODEN

UZI Talk Supporter
rchaisch said:
hey, i found these mags on the internet and wondering if anyone knows if these mags would work with a M10/9 SWD/Texas Mac?

http://www.gunclips.net/mac10in9mm50.html

and, is gunclips.net a good site to buy mags on?

Howdy from a fellow SWD Texas MAC 10/9 owner :beer
I bought some mags from them and they were junk, thin metal body with plastic floor plates. Do yourself a favor and buy from someone else.

osumetallurgist

MPA guy said:
Yes it is possible to do it yourself.

But some people are unwilling to feel that they should for a magazine that already costs about $30.

And considering that a Suomi mag is much better in different ways, if I wanted to weld on anything, it would be a better quality to begin with.

Just my 2 cents

Oh I agree, Im looking to spend as little as possible to buy more magazines but still get a decent mag. If you've already got the cheaper mags tho you can mod them is all that matters.

OU77KG

"Add some real firepower to your Mac 10 gun with this 50rd 9mm gun magazine from National. This is a 50rd 9mm gun mag that fits Mac 10/ Ingram guns. Buy your gun clips at gunclip depot."

All i'm saying is why would you buy a MAGAZINE for your weapon from a place that calls it a freaking clip and the damn site is called gunclipdepot. Ridiculous.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter