Recent content by prebans

1. P

Anybody familiar with the IDF 10/22 integral suppressor?

Well that's not too exciting! I was given a 6-cell mag light and have a few beater 10/22 laying around. I figured it might be nice to have a super-duper quiet integral. Maybe I can design something better internally while still retaining the look..?
  2. P

Anybody familiar with the IDF 10/22 integral suppressor?

I think I want to do a F1 copy of the IDF 10/22. Is anybody familiar with these or know anything about their construction?
  3. P

Has anybody compared the Galil ARM .308 to the Ace .308?

Money's money and can be made. I'm most concerned with finding something that will put up with winter weather without issues. The old school Galil was among the best, so it's on the list. FWIW, I'd prefer to find one that isn't pretty and has been used. But, if I have to do it to a NIB...
  4. P

Has anybody compared the Galil ARM .308 to the Ace .308?

Looking at buying an original pre-89 Galil ARM .308 or an Ace .308. Any thoughts or comments relating to quality, reliability, accuracy, etc.? Bonus for cold weather experience. I may be moving to a very cold climate soon and am considering this for a under-the-back-seat ("trunk") rifle.
  5. P

Never thought I'd see the day- used Vector Uzi for $12k.

Never knew that time- just times when they were way more affordable than they are today. See also- muscle cars. Mike
  6. P

Truck guns

7. P

Never thought I'd see the day- used Vector Uzi for $12k.

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=22303&query=retrieval 101967 Group Uzi in Excellent Condition $11,995.00 Price includes S&H and Insurance Florida residents are subject to...
  8. P

Vz scorpion owners I need help

Postie or semi? Mike
  9. P

beware robertRTG hk parts

Larry, if you have a problem with a vendor, spit it out and tell us about it. Mike
  10. P

AK-22

The AK-22 MGs out there are all .22 only with radically different receivers. There's no way to "upsize" them that I'm aware of. Mike
  11. P

beware robertRTG hk parts

I've ordered from him and have bought in-person at SAR Show. This is the first time I've heard of any issues surrounding his service or products. Not saying it didn't happen- just that this is a first. Mike
  12. P

Thinking about SBR'ing a 10/22

Garrett, dumb question. I thought MI had issues with non-C&R SBRs? Or is that an ancient 10/22 that got converted? Mike
  13. P

Thinking about SBR'ing a 10/22

The non-match chamber will certainly help. But you may still have issues with the Ruger factory rotary mags. (At least I did.) Those standard-feed-style 25 and 30 rounders may be your answer. Mike
  14. P

Non-C&R Uzi SMGs reach a new price height.

Well, remember that ASKING and SELLING prices are two distinctly different things. Still, it gives one pause... Mike
  15. P

Non-C&R Uzi SMGs reach a new price height.

RR or sear? Mike

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter