2013 Shot Show IWI UZI Pro and UZI Pistols

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I think this was already discussed but thought some people would like to see some pics. I wasn't expecting to see the full auto UZI Pro there.
I confirmed that the lower would work on my RR Micro but they told me they would 'never' sell the lower seperately.

ShotShow2013_IWI_UZIs.jpg

I checked out the new UZI Pistols and the sights look just like the old UZI Pistol sights back when Action Arms imported them but the new UZI pro had sights like you'd see on a Model B or Mini UZI. It also had tritium inserts on the front sight as well as the 100M rear aperature which flips to 200M. Note this is unlike the old Micro's rear sight which is a fixed aperature.

ShotShow2013_IWI_ProSights.jpg

shadeone

UZI Talk Supporter
the sight thing is interesting! Ill definitely be switching my mini sights to tritium ones if they sell them seperate!!!

thanks for the pics!

Last edited:

badboy0757

Thanx for the pics. Now, I'm wondering just how hard it would be to adapt model B sights to a micro/pistol. I know the thread is different on the front sights.wondering about the rear sight now.:rifleman

ddmau

Thanks for forwarding the pics! I'm somewhat surprised to see the quality of the weld for the folding stock (behind the rear sight), especially for a show example.
I know it's still a sheet-metal receiver, but you would think that by now they could do a better/cleaner weld job (robotic welder maybe - small ones are not that expensive in today's market)....

I'm still wondering if we would be able to legally build an SBR version of this little jewel....with the current political climate, my guess would be No.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
The days when dealer costs were kept an industry secret are long over.
We live in an information age. People can either adjust or be left behind.
No honest dealer is really going to care. They're going to mark it up and hopefully make a fair profit. If its too much profit, they'll get to keep it.
Its all pretty simple really. Over all, the dissemination of information is good for the consumer.
Jack007

erwos

Any word on a semi-auto Uzi Pro? Looks like slapping a 16" barrel on it wouldn't be a huge deal.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Any word on a semi-auto Uzi Pro? Looks like slapping a 16" barrel on it wouldn't be a huge deal.

IWI US is saying the UZI Pro will ship 1-2 months after the Tavor, so they are thinking late spring. (Assuming no changes in laws.)

MrM4

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
The days when dealer costs were kept an industry secret are long over.
We live in an information age. People can either adjust or be left behind.
No honest dealer is really going to care. They're going to mark it up and hopefully make a fair profit. If its too much profit, they'll get to keep it.
Its all pretty simple really. Over all, the dissemination of information is good for the consumer.
Jack007

Not when they come in an want me to sell it for $20 over the listed dealer cost they saw online, even its not correct. Most things sell way under MSRP, and manufatures list MSRP high enough so that dealers can sell the item for less then the list cost and make a profit. But as a dealer it gets old having people beat you up over your magrin which to be competitive is not alot to start with in the 1st place on new guns. It is no ones business what a dealer pays for his inventory and if hes a good dealer he wont rape people on the price.

Ben Walker

Not when they come in an want me to sell it for $20 over the listed dealer cost they saw online, even its not correct. Most things sell way under MSRP, and manufatures list MSRP high enough so that dealers can sell the item for less then the list cost and make a profit. But as a dealer it gets old having people beat you up over your magrin which to be competitive is not alot to start with in the 1st place on new guns. It is no ones business what a dealer pays for his inventory and if hes a good dealer he wont rape people on the price.
I have always figured if a dealer is investing his own money He needs to make around 20 % on the firearm .
If I walk in and prepay for a firearm . It should not be any more than a normal transfer fee .It is just paper work then . Log it in . 4473 with a phone call log it out no more than a hours time at best. Over the years I've bought and sold many firearms. And when I find something to just turn . I make some calls to those that treated me right . Let them make a few bucks as well
We need to keep the dealers in business .
I need to order a 3 die set . I could have ordered it on line. However there is a group of guys at one shop I like to deal with .And if I need to pay a few bucks more . So heck I would have had to pay shipping anyways.

MrM4

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
I agree with Ben Walk about special orders, we charge $25 to special order a gun and do a transfer. We even advertise on the website.
http://www.fungunshoot.com/match_results_10.html
If you willing to prepay for it they its no differant then doing any other transfer from out of state or gunbroker.

As for making %20 per gun, theres a fair number of guns that are far less then that if you want to be competitive. Theres just not alot of cash in most new guns, if your a small time dealer it would be hard to make it on new guns alone. Dont get me wrong some guns have a good margin, but over head is good at taking a bite out it...

dawg180

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
I want to like the Uzi Pro, but it just looks so....tapco. I don't know how else to put it.

I do like the idea of an upgraded lower with better grip ergonomics, I got to play with a B&T TP( not too long ago and thought that the grip ergonomics were vastly superior to the Uzi despite the fact tahtt he magazine is basically the same size as an Uzi mag.

Hmmm...maybe something to look into this year for a new R&D project. ;)

capybara

Wish I could take credit for this incredible revelation but I wasn't at SHOT and the photos of the dealer price sheet were on three different popular firearms websites, plain as day.

I just thought it interesting because most gun buyers (really all consumers) seem to think that dealers make these huge, incredibly high markups and they don't, the margins are really low, or at least they were before the current panic. I used to manage Circuit City stores in the 80s and sure, there was a range of margins but the biggest selling stuff, video gear, had markups of like 5%.

StooperZero

I could have ordered it on line. However there is a group of guys at one shop I like to deal with .And if I need to pay a few bucks more . So heck I would have had to pay shipping anyways.
I'd rather put a few extra $$ into a local business' pocket VS buying it online form a big name.

What mags do these take with the release being up so high?????

wonderdog451

I personally think that the side charging upgrade is a great idea and one that is significantly overdue.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter