60rd Unity AK Quad mag issue....

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Ya was a 1st for me with nose dives also in a ak platform. This is also my 1st experience with poly mags or quad mags in a ak.

Mind you I tried this in two seperate guns. I didn't take any of the pre 89 chicom guns but I also don't see them being any better.

It was def a ammo/mag problem with the lacquer since both guns were are 100 reliable with steel mags and any ammo run in the past.

Also my main reson for yet another post to this thread is below.

In full disclosure I did not shoot any steel cased. 223/556 ammo through the zastav85 just brass reloads and those poly mags ROCKED THE KAZHBA!
100%.

I didn't even think to load any with steel case since it's mainly used for lost brass matches and I'd have too look for it to shoot it anyways.
It's burried in a pile of ammo cans with all the rest of the ammo.

The AC Unity 556 mags are defiantly my go to mags for that 556 ak until I mod the steel galil mags

The more I think of the failure on the quad 60's the more I think i might sell em off.
I can sell them for the 100 I have into them and buy 10 more 20 or 30 round steel mags.

LOL i think I just typed myself into selling them.

Bret

In full disclosure I did not shoot any steel cased. 223/556 ammo through the zastav85 just brass reloads and those poly mags ROCKED THE KAZHBA!
100%.
What poly mags are you talking about shooting through your M85? Pictures? Link?

root

UZI Talk Supporter
RTG sells the A.C. unity 55.6x45 30 round mags. If he has any left.
He brought 3k into the US.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/AK-30RD-5-56x45MM-WINDOW-MAGAZINE-AC-UNITY-392p7087.htm

Yup still has some 13.95
I'm waiting on the other batch to come in so i can get some of them too.

He's had the 30's in stock for a while so i wouldn't hesitate to get em now since word is out they work good.
And not just from me it's been going around the net for a while that these are killing the circle 10 mags in price and reliability.

Read enough and was told from a personal friend they were G2G and on his word i bought them.
He was right they work.

Bayner

Jack these are made in the former Yugoslavia....BiH. Bosnia and Herzegovina. One is to try using spray lub for reloading.Spray that waxy solution on your rounds in a bag, let dry and see if that works, if yes then the culprit is the lacquer being used on the ammo is soft so it binds to other rounds being stripped.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter