A vision, a desire, and a scrap piece of angle iron.

rockman96

I have been eyeballing the micro uzi stocks for awhile and decided to get one. Well, they are out of stock at PS, and it appears the price has shot up on them quite a bit from what I remembered it being anyway, so I tossed that option out. But I didn't give up. I'm difficult to please when it comes to folders but I always liked the VZ58 folder, and I happened to have one in a junk box....and so it began. I wanted something solid, easily removable and compatible with the factory setup for swapping and stuff.

Rough-cut the pieces by hand from a scrap of angle iron, and began milling:

Life-begins.jpg

Everything is fitted, milled, drilled & tapped, and welded:

adapter3.jpg

adapter1.jpg

And how it looks mounted:

extended.jpg

folded1.jpg

The angle of the pic makes it appear to be tight for space around the grip area with the stock folded, but there is plenty of room to function normally while folded. It will hold an RO metal mag and still has more support on the rails than the stock setup. The butt positioning (both vertically and linearly) are basically the same as the Lage telescoping stock. The last thing left to do now is to parkerize the mount.

Last edited:

rockman96

Thanks! I haven't actually done it, but since it mounts just like the OEM and Lage telescoping stocks, I would say yes.

I made the mounting arms long enough so there is substantially more length inside the receiver than there is with the Lage or OEM stocks (extended), but it still clears RO mags. I also added another lock-notch so as to add about 3/4" more length if needed....just push the release and pull out to lock to the longer position.

medphys

UZI Talk Life Member
The stock is cool, but I like your bracket even more. Very clean; very nice work!

If you simplified the bracket by having just a square piece of metal attached to the rails, I bet you could sell a couple of them ;)

Last edited:

greenpeas

UZI Talk Life Member
Nice job! I built one a while back that mounts a little differently. Those vz58 stocks are a really nice, solid, simple design.

Did you thread the hole in the adapter and attach the folding stock with a screw or did you weld it on?

SSMDIVE

Nice work!!!!!

I don't personally like that type of stock, but I do appreciate people with the skills you clearly have.

rockman96

The stock is cool, but I like your bracket even more. Very clean; very nice work!

If you simplified the bracket by having just a square piece of metal attached to the rails, I bet you could sell a couple of them ;)

Thanks! I debated whether to do it that way to begin with, but decided to shape it to the back strap. I figured I could always mill it off if I didn't like it after seeing it, and I may go ahead and mill it off. I wasn't considering the stock upper when I did it....at the very least it would need a hole drilled through it to sight through. As for selling, maybe....I might be up more for some horse-trading. ;)

rockman96

Nice job! I built one a while back that mounts a little differently. Those vz58 stocks are a really nice, solid, simple design.

Did you thread the hole in the adapter and attach the folding stock with a screw or did you weld it on?

It's threaded. I don't like making things like this too permanent. :)

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Excellent. I think I would cut the back plate of the stock adapter off at a rectangle. You might be able to use the rear sight and it wont rub all the parkerizing off the back of the lower. :)

rockman96

I probably will cut it. No worry about the park though, I left a 3/32" gap. I have some rubber sheeting I will use contact cement to adhere it to the adapter to act as a cushion.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter