AC-Unity magazines on galil?

Poacher

Not sure if they will work in a Galil, but I'm hoping they do in my Norinco BWK92.

Mr Folgers

Problem is, that most .223 AK rifles use magazines patterned after a 5.45 AK74 magazine well.
The Galil is dimensioned off a 7.62 milled AK47 including the magazine.

Just buy the standard Galil mags and forego the aftermarket plastic junk.

kruuth

Ok, figured I'd ask, just in case it ever came up. I was just looking for something that looked a little different. Who's got the cheapest factory magazines now?

Sidewinder

Price depends on condition and whether steel or Orlite. Cheap prices often mean beat up mags; IMO, you are better off with good or better mag conditions. You can refinish steel mags for cosmetic purposes. Do a Google search. Work the Internet. Vendors include Apex, Atlantic Firearms, Keep Shooting, and Gunbroker. Post want to buy on this site and see what you get.

kruuth

I'll vouch for the quality of the Apex magazines. All the ones I've gotten have been great.

Uncle Billy

if I didn't already have a whole bunch of TAPCO GALIL/GOLINI mags, that mags works perfectly in my 5.56 AK; SAR-3, SLR-106ur, I would be all over those AC mags.

here is the funny thing, the steel surplus GALIL mags don't work in either of my AKs....go figure:dunno

Last edited:

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
if I didn't already have a whole bunch of TAPCO GALIL/GOLINI mags, that mags works perfectly in my 5.56 AK; SAR-3, SLR-106ur, I would be all over those AC mags.

here is the funny thing, the steel surplus GALIL mags don't work in either of my AKs....go figure:dunno

Hold on to those Tapcos. Can't get them new anymore & they are great mags. Just found 2 on GunBroker & feel pretty lucky about that.

lcastillo

Hold on to those Tapcos. Can't get them new anymore & they are great mags. Just found 2 on GunBroker & feel pretty lucky about that.

I can confirm(Remington owned) TAPCO is no longer in business as Remington Arms shut them down along with Bushmaster. Could not find any Tapco mags at last gun show 2 weeks ago (and that's AR mags not to mention Galil mags which are less out there) . IF you can get them keep them. Tapco made some reliable Galil mags for the money. Will be missed.

kruuth

I can confirm(Remington owned) TAPCO is no longer in business as Remington Arms shut them down along with Bushmaster. Could not find any Tapco mags at last gun show 2 weeks ago (and that's AR mags not to mention Galil mags which are less out there) . IF you can get them keep them. Tapco made some reliable Galil mags for the money. Will be missed.

I'm wondering what the demand for these would be. I have access to people with plastic molding equipment and was considering going into doing some of these. The problem is that the initial cost on the molds is pricey to say the least.

Uncle Billy

I'm wondering what the demand for these would be. I have access to people with plastic molding equipment and was considering going into doing some of these. The problem is that the initial cost on the molds is pricey to say the least.

given there isn't a huge market for GALIL accessories, not like there is for ARs or AKs.........and surplus mags are running at 15 bucks, I would say you would be lucky to break even

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
Had to resurrect this thread, finding Tapco Galil mags in stock at a few places for around 14 bucks a piece: Optics and ammo, TNT explosive gear and Truso Armory. I have never bought
from any of these places but they are showing in stock .

dubagel

Several people have been using the legacy Galil mags as well as the newer ACE rock and lock mags with the bolt hold open feature on the Zastava M90. Which they also used the AC-unity 5.56 mags on as well. The newer ACE rock n lock mags also have a different follower for the bolt hold open feature as well as a reinforcing tab on the front of the mag.

Pavia

Atlantic Firearms had a sale for 5 perfect mags for $99

Pavia

There’s no reason not to use Galil mags in good condition in a ATI Galeo pistol that is not subject to 922r

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter