AC556 Talk

Do you want me to add AC556 Talk?

• Yes! I sleep with a photo of Bill Ruger, Sr. under my pillow.

Votes: 68 60.7%
  • No. We have quite enough already.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • I'd prefer "Anna Nicole Smith Talk"!

Votes: 26 23.2%

• Total voters

Open Bolts

UZI Talk Supporter
garandman said:
Mac-10 is hardly military oriented.

And besides, the A-team used the AC556, and they were ALL ex-military.

You should be banned.

:jester

Magnum PI's crew used MACs on occasion (remember the opening credits?), and THEY were all ex-military!

:D

garandman

Open Bolts said:
Magnum PI's crew used MACs on occasion (remember the opening credits?), and THEY were all ex-military!

:D

OK....then I should be banned. :jester

wlcharm

UZI Talk Supporter
This thread has been going on over a year now. I think if there was going to be a AC556 Talk there would have been one by now!!!!!

JasonAC556

UZI Talk Life Member
wlcharm said:
The AC556 was a Peace Officer gun not a LEO or Military gun!!!!

Last time I checked a Peace Officer was a Law Enforcement Officer!!

I guess the Spartanburg County SC Sheriffs Department would be very disappointed to learn that they are Peace Officers, since they have 18 Ruger AC556 Carbines in their Special Weapons Inventory!! There are also a lot of County and State PD's that carry AC's in their inventories.

As for Military use, the AC556 was issued to the Royal Ulster Constabulary and the Bermuda Regiment of the British Army.

Open Bolts

UZI Talk Supporter
JasonAC556 said:
As for Military use, the AC556 was issued to the Royal Ulster Constabulary and the Bermuda Regiment of the British Army.

And those guys kicked a LOT of ass! :jester

JasonAC556

UZI Talk Life Member
Open Bolts said:
And those guys kicked a LOT of ass! :jester

Well, as a matter of fact the Royal Ulster Constabulary kicked a LOT of IRA ass in Northern Ireland in the 1970's to the 1980's.

The British actually chose the AC556 as the rifle to issue to this unit beause it was felt that its appearance would be less "agressive" and not seen as a weapon of war to the Irish populace (winning hearts and minds). Wonder how that worked out???:jester

garandman

JasonAC556 said:
The British actually chose the AC556 as the rifle to issue to this unit beause it was felt that its appearance would be less "agressive" and not seen as a weapon of war to the Irish populace (winning hearts and minds). Wonder how that worked out???:jester

I got to shoot a coupla AC556's, and I can say on good authority that a bad guy shot by a AC556 will be equally or more dead than a guy shot with an M-16.

:jester

Fr8 Dawg

Registered Grinch
What does ex-military got anything to do with anything. I can tell you from personal experience that the 1st Marine Division Chief Machine gun Instructor does not believe that civilians of "America" should be allowed to own privately possessed machine guns. He said it directly to me!

Fortunately for us and not so fortunate for that jarhead, we're not "Americans", we're citizens of the United States of America and the sovereign state with which we reside.

klrider

I'm looking at buying one of those so Iwouldn't mind having a dedicated thread

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter