Another LM7 Video - 500 round belt

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I was feeding the LM7 while a co-worker was filming his 14 yr old son shooting. I told his son to use his peripheral vision to slow down if he saw me untangling the belt. I haven't made a belt box to hold a 500 round belt. Lakeside makes boxes that hold 200. Using a box, you don't need anyone to help feed it.

Co-worker was trying to film it with his still camera in the right hand and my camera in his left. Fumbling around he missed the initial bursts but anyway it was 500 rounds with ZERO malfunctions.

AM180 can't touch that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrj1v4ctsY0

ateamrob

thats pretty impressive for 500rds with no malfunctions

very nice

Rob

carcass

UZI Talk Supporter
Nice. I wish I could get mine to run like that. Too many failures to advance the belt. Not sure why yet.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
carcass said:
Nice. I wish I could get mine to run like that. Too many failures to advance the belt. Not sure why yet.

Have you tried the new RazorBack bolt? That makes a world of difference!

carcass

UZI Talk Supporter
amphibian said:
Have you tried the new RazorBack bolt? That makes a world of difference!

No, I didn't know they were interchangeable. Sounds like it's time for a call to Lakeside.

K2

Razorback Bolt

Hi,

IIRC, Just add the F/A trip & set the timing to use the Razorback Bolt. See the Lakeside forums for specific design details.

Good Luck,

K2

subgunner

Since I could not get my LM7 to run is semi let alone full auto I'm impressed.

Even if the new bolt was available before I sold my LM7 I wouldn't want one. I don't feel it's my job to re-engineer a product to get it to function. Why should I have to manufacture a sear trip? If Lakeside was going to exchange bolts with the trip installed free of charge, that's a different story. But I don't believe that is the case.

Given the ease and speed I can load an AM180 drum using the M60Joe loader, compared to the PITA to load LM7 belts I'll make do with a "measly" 275 rounds.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I agree loading belts the FIRST time is a PITA since the pockets want to stay closed. After loading the first time, they take shape. I can load a belt faster I can load a mag or drum.

The latest word is that people are not even having to time the trip and they are working in FA for people. I know Eric has supplied some bolts w/ trips ready to go. So I think things are changing.

subgunner

If Lakeside sells the Razorback as a full auto I might get interested again. If they installed a trip for the privileged few they should do it for all.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm pretty sure that anyone with an LM7 can get bolts w/ the trip since the LM7 was made for FA.
The Razorback is what I'm not sure about since he doesn't advertise them as being FA.

carcass

UZI Talk Supporter
Just to let everyone know, I picked up a Razorback bolt with the trip installed from LM at KCR last week. The LM7 now functions almost 100%. I didn't need to time the trip at all. It's hard to say but most malfunctions now seem to be due to inconsistent depth of loading the cartridge in the belt. I'm still not up to continuous 100-round belts, but I can put at least 30-50 rounds down range before any problems now!

subgunner

Lakeside is advertising leftover LM7's with the new bolt for $1500. Since they were just selling the Razorback for $695, and the only difference is a sear trip, one wonders how they can justify the price.

sig-x

subgunner said:
Lakeside is advertising leftover LM7's with the new bolt for $1500. Since they were just selling the Razorback for $695, and the only difference is a sear trip, one wonders how they can justify the price.

The Quick change barrel, belt boxs, and tower is all I can think of. Hell I'll sell mine for $1300 with the new bolt. It does run a lot better but I don't like loading belts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter