Any MAC 10 .45/9MM Rate Reducers?

skankmyway

I stumbled upon this old thread and was wondering if these rate reducers for the M10 .45/9mm are still being made?

If so, where could I get one? What is the fire rate? For how much? And if not, are there any 3D models of them available to 3D print?

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
The current price of ammo will get you down to about 0 RPM.

llamasabound

UZI Talk Life Member
I find the current production CNC bolts to run about 125-150 rpm slower than the original cast bolts in 9mm — which makes sense, since they are often 4-5oz heavier.

SecondAmend

Deerhurst

With the OE upper doing a Task style conversion is about as close as you will get and my 45 upper still rails them out like crazy.

SecondAmend

With the OE upper doing a Task style conversion is about as close as you will get and my 45 upper still rails them out like crazy.
I've seen posts where it was suggested to try an AR hydraulic buffer to get more ROF reduction in a TASK conversion, but I can't recall of ever seeing reports of anyone actually doing so. For decades, the U.S. military has used hydraulic buffers to reduce ROF on several firearm platforms. I am using hydraulic buffers to reduce ROF with good results in 5.56x45, 9mm, and .45 ACP on an M16.
MHO, YMMV, etc.

Deerhurst

I've got a really heavy buffer and a light spring to hopefully make it stay closed longer and cycles slower. The spring will not be able to push the bolt back into battery as rapidly as a heavy spring. Hopefully between that and the super heavy lead filled buffer it'll be slower. It is slower than OE by a little. Light buffer and heavy spring makes it go really quick!

Have not tried a hydraulic buffer yet.

SecondAmend

I've got a really heavy buffer and a light spring to hopefully make it stay closed longer and cycles slower. The spring will not be able to push the bolt back into battery as rapidly as a heavy spring. Hopefully between that and the super heavy lead filled buffer it'll be slower. It is slower than OE by a little. Light buffer and heavy spring makes it go really quick!

Have not tried a hydraulic buffer yet.

There are several hydraulic buffers that might be suitable, and a number of possible recoil springs; so some analysis and experimentation (i.e., $$$ and time) may be required if an optimum ROF reduction is desired.
Best of luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc.

DINK

I tried one of those rate reducers in my M10/45 and found that it reduced the cyclic rate around 100 RPM (via PACT timer). So yes, it worked, but not really enough to matter in the real world.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
There "was" a reducer built for the M/11-9
It is an external weight that fits over the upper.
Bolts to the bolt through the slot in top of upper, wraps around the upper ,top & both sides a bit iirc.
Not Ideal but it does exist....I own it.
Weather or not it was ever made for an M10...I got no clue.
I got this unit from someone here probly 10 years ago...
Not sure where its packed away but I'm guessing some of the oldtimers here recall what I described.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
There "was" a reducer built for the M/11-9
It is an external weight that fits over the upper.
Bolts to the bolt through the slot in top of upper, wraps around the upper ,top & both sides a bit iirc.
Not Ideal but it does exist....I own it.
Weather or not it was ever made for an M10...I got no clue.
I got this unit from someone here probly 10 years ago...
Not sure where its packed away but I'm guessing some of the oldtimers here recall what I described.

Garrison is what I think is what is was called. Also the Urbach bolts, AW DIRR and a few other were around before the Lage stuff. None were very practical or efficient.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter