Anybody have accuracy issues with their suppressor?

Dirk Hawthorne

I have a bowers CAC with the UZI barrel nut mount on it.

It seems to have a really bad effect on accuracy. Like fire a full mag at a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper at 25 yards and have just two or three holes in the paper.

when I used to shoot it with my 9mm MAC10, I didn't have this problem. It was much more accurate.

Without the suppressor, the UZI shoots fine. I'm using a Vector FA full size.

Dirk Hawthorne

did so already.

nothing looks wrong

maybe it's just barely tipping the heel of the bullets or something but I dont see any sign of it.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I assume you are using a proper SMG spec barrel. Not a semi spec barrel that would fit but be loose in the trunion.

Also make sure the trunion weld isn't broken. With the additional weight of the suppressor mounted, try to move it around by hand and make sure it is solid.

Dirk Hawthorne

I assume you are using a proper SMG spec barrel. Not a semi spec barrel that would fit but be loose in the trunion.

Also make sure the trunion weld isn't broken. With the additional weight of the suppressor mounted, try to move it around by hand and make sure it is solid.

i have two barrels -

one from BWE that's a straight up IMI spec

one from US Barrel Shrouds with a giant "feed anything" funnel at the chamber end

same crappy accuracy with both

trunion welds are good, were redone by BWE

mike400

start out at 10yards and use sandbags. Fire 5 or so rounds and see if you have a consistent shift. Remove suppressor and reattach, fire 5 more and see if you have a different but consistent shift. If your rounds are all over the place, something is loose. If your shift is consistent, the Mount, suppressor threading may be off by too much.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter