anyone have an ultimak on their Mini ?

MG34_Dan

I have a SBR'ed stainless sidefolder. have had it almost 10 years. I went thru all of the various front sights until I found and purchased a true ac556 front sight. granted, its blued, but its real.
. ..

I may have a stainless KAC556 front sight somewhere around here, if you are interested. I thought I saw one a few weeks ago in a pile of Ruger pieces-n-parts.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
Buffdragon
Thanks for the info and that great picture on google, I found it. That's why I'm not going down this road till I get an ac556 front sight. It's the key in my opinion.
On the thread pitch, it's not a big deal because when I cut the barrel down, I will have it threaded to 1/2x28 and the new mini flash hider are close to the original.
I wish someone could make a modern reproduction on a CnC machine. I know people will pay good money for a QUALITY reproduction front sight.

agree. I had it threaded 1/2x28 so I can run suppressors on it. not the greatest platform to suppress, but anyways. sometimes you see the original ac556 flash hiders come up for sale, but again....pretty sure the thread is different. so you kinda have to "choose' if you want the flash hider, or a standardized 556 suppressor thread. that's another "thanks ruger" thing.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
agree. I had it threaded 1/2x28 so I can run suppressors on it. not the greatest platform to suppress, but anyways. sometimes you see the original ac556 flash hiders come up for sale, but again....pretty sure the thread is different. so you kinda have to "choose' if you want the flash hider, or a standardized 556 suppressor thread. that's another "thanks ruger" thing.

If you find a real ac556f front sight for sale, please pm. I'm missed a lot of things gunbroker but that's the one thing I regret the most. I think it sold for $125 a few years ago.

MG34_Dan

If you find a real ac556f front sight for sale, please pm. I'm missed a lot of things gunbroker but that's the one thing I regret the most. I think it sold for $125 a few years ago.

There is a blue one and a stainless one on eBay right now. They are not mine and I do not know the seller(s)!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-Mini...384158?hash=item1ed66b701e:g:NygAAOSwLVZV22CJ
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-Mini...538343?hash=item1ed64f45e7:g:jggAAOSw6dNWS~gv
s-l1600.jpg

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks,
But those are reproduction parts.
I've heard they are not correct height size for the front post.

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks,
But those are reproduction parts.
I've heard they are not correct height size for the front post.

you could ask seller to take a caliper and measure for you. may be a more current batch that is correct.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
That's true,
I forgot to mention that it looks like pot metal / crap.
But if I can't find one, I might have to that route.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
You know something weird. My front sight is too tall. The rifle shoots low, and the rear sight can’t go tall enough. I will try and get a measurement with my calipers from where the sight rests on the barrel to the tip of the sight. Maybe you could do the same on your reproduction. I might consider trading if yours ends up shorter than mine. It is a blued version...

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Rentprop1 and myself are interested in a genuine front gas block sight, it's got to be Ruger manufactured though.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
.0805 from the center of the sight where the barrel rests to the tip of the sight. Very interested in the height of yours. I am considering grinding the front post down some, but if there are shorter versions of the sight out there. I want one. If someone needs a taller one, and would want to trade, even better��

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I personally don't have a gas block sight for trade. I've got one on my ac556. I want to SBR a mini 14 folder that I have and I'm looking for a Ruger gasblock sight. You can buy the reproduction ones on gunbroker or eBay. I'm willing to buy it for the right price if it's real.
Rentprop1 is in the market for one.

Lastly, if you have a real ac556 front sight I would NOT alter it, but it's yours to do what you want.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter