Best Mac 10/45 suppressor setup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

har1340

OP, lots of great options out there today. I have an original 2 stage Military Armament Corp. can. Big, heavy and I had sent it out to Gemtech like 10 years ago and waited almost a year for them to upgrade it. While it retains it's outwards appearance, it is as quite as any of them. Good luck!

b8quxz.jpg

darksoul

Hi I also have a suppressor setup question. I just bought a Texas MAC10 2 weeks ago and currently waiting for the tax stamps approval. I also have a Rugged Obsidian 45 suppressor that I would like to use with the MAC but Rugged doesn't make the piston for it. Is there a differenty manufacturer of pistons I can use or what do you guys recommend to attach the two together. Thanks

Deerhurst

You don't want a piston with a fixed barrel.

I threaded my barrel 5/8-24 in front of the pipe threads so it has double threads. For my pistons I made a fixed barrel spacer the takes the place of the spring with some 304SS. For my Mac I use a 5/8-24 direct thread.

darksoul

You don't want a piston with a fixed barrel.

I threaded my barrel 5/8-24 in front of the pipe threads so it has double threads. For my pistons I made a fixed barrel spacer the takes the place of the spring with some 304SS. For my Mac I use a 5/8-24 direct thread.

can you post a picture of what that double thread looks like?

LawBob

Hi I also have a suppressor setup question. I just bought a Texas MAC10 2 weeks ago and currently waiting for the tax stamps approval. I also have a Rugged Obsidian 45 suppressor that I would like to use with the MAC but Rugged doesn't make the piston for it. Is there a differenty manufacturer of pistons I can use or what do you guys recommend to attach the two together. Thanks

First: you’ll need a fixed barrel spacer for the piston instead of the spring.

Second, you can get the end of the barrel threaded to that pitch.

LawBob

UsMachinegun.com Will double thread it, or you could buy a new barrel and have them thread it, and ship to you so you can keep shooting until you get it.

trosusa.com Will thread your barrel also.

Last edited:

LawBob

OP, lots of great options out there today. I have an original 2 stage Military Armament Corp. can. Big, heavy and I had sent it out to Gemtech like 10 years ago and waited almost a year for them to upgrade it. While it retains it's outwards appearance, it is as quite as any of them. Good luck!

b8quxz.jpg

Send to bowers.

AK74U

I have a Bowers VERS 45 on mine. Is pretty good at keeping the noise down.

Deerhurst

I'd take my barrel to a trusty local machinist (took mine to my machinist coworker as his lathe will thread, mine is a POS) before I sent it to someplace far away. I also like keeping my money local.

Deerhurst

That isn't really local to me. I do have a MG manufacturer in town too but my buddy does better machining work and has been building guns longer.

LawBob

The real question is, does the person with the issue know a trustworthy machinist “local” to him that is sufficiently local so as to not disturb the buy local code police?

Maybe you can help him out, instead of criticizing me, for helping him out with his issue with my suggestion of reputable firms that doesn’t meet your code.

Last edited:

Deerhurst

The real question is, does the person with the issue know a trustworthy machinist “local” to him that is sufficiently local so as to not disturb the buy local code police?

Maybe you can help him out, instead of criticizing me, for helping him out with his issue with my suggestion of reputable firms that doesn’t meet your code.

I'm going to call you out on your bullshit now. If you can point out where I criticized you I will apologize. Otherwise you are just PMSing.

Maybe you can help me figure out where he is because I'm not seeing it listed under his name where I have mine listed.

Local is local, not half a state away. That's just in the same state. I kept by business within my community which, IMHO, is the best way to do it. If he is local to me, a few cities away, and willing to drop off his upper or barrel I'll get it threaded. That's the friends and family only offer. I don't ship. I don't take contact work. It's 100% hobby on the side.

A good machinist can be very difficult to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter