Big MAC Attack

jimdoc

I just got my copy, and looks like a nice long article about the MAC-10 and MAC-11 submachine guns. I didn't see the Flemming .22 upper mentioned.
Haven't seen the PDF of this issue yet.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Well Damit.

Recently got a Fleming 22 upper m11/9

Initially it went bang a few times.

Later .....after lubing...NO Joy.

Tried multiple mags....It appears to drag on the mag.

Soo...Who's got one and what mags are you useing....BX is No Go.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Ha!, there's a thread on this one that's five years old or more. Mine didn't work for nothing, I did all of the tricks, used the best mags I could find of all types, different ammo, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Then some one mentioned that in the owner's manual they say that it was designed to use the cheap Ramline magazines. I didn't get the manual when I bought mine. I had some but never bothered with them because "if the good mags don't work why would the cheap ones?". It seems that the Ramline mags have built in ejector ridge on the left lip that helps kick the spent case out.

I also had good luck using a muzzle booster or muffler to give a little more back pressure.

Last edited:

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Tried 2 Ramlines.....they were the best as far as bolt drag.

I'll screw a can on and see if that helps.-----------------------

As to the lingering ? of why did I buy it.

Simple

I have high hopes that any Mag that fits a MG may possibbly be exempt from Jo & the Ho's new gun plan.
I'm fuked either way but its my dream...don't wreck it:twoguns

Last edited:

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
Fleming 22 kits were designed to use the once plentiful Ramline magazines. I found that they almost always needed a new extractor to run well.
Also, when you assemble the kit on the lower you must make sure the recoil spring rod is perfectly in place so there is zero spring binding on the rod. It is easy to have it slightly misaligned and that robs enough energy to cause malfunctions.
Basically you just have to make sure everything runs smoothly, and a new extractor helps a lot.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes ...I see where assembly is a critical part of this as it can easily turn 90*++ and cause issues.

I just got it and am making it my mission to function.
Its so simple. I was useing 1050 fps ammo.
Perhaps the wrong choice....Problem was they would "almost " chamber. Gonna clean and perhaps polish chamber area...there is No feedramp. Its Mag tempermental is my thoughts.

rchaisch

I have had good luck with Ramlines and Tactical Inc. I've tried various Ruger, Butler Creek, etc with no joy.

Make sure you do all the mods. I lube with Rimfire Remedy from CherryBalmz. Also shoot suppressed.

Mine is an M10-22.

Uniquesnd

Mine has failure to fire issues but feeds and ejects wonderful, I have done a ton of mods including making it a side charger.
I really feel it needs a more pronounced firing pin for reliable ignition.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter