BWE Slowfire 22 Bolt

Roaster72

UZI Talk Supporter
Does anyone have a 22 bolt modified by BWE to be slowfire. If I recall he offered that service a few years ago. It no longer appears on his website. I would love to see some pictures of a modified bolt. I'm contemplating adding some tungsten to my bolt to make it slow down. I believe that's what BWE did in the modification. As I said earlier, some pictures would be really helpful. I'd also like to know the weight of the bolt if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

SecondAmend

Oh0QcRJ.jpg

Photo of BWE weighted Uzi .22LR bolt - not mine. Said to weigh 10.7 oz.
ETA: I believe that is a steel plate on an aluminum body.

My personal experience with a D.I.Y. weighted Vector Uzi bolt of my own devise that weighs 10.8 oz. is that one can encounter feed issues with added weight. The recoil spring sometimes does not have enough force to give the bolt sufficient momentum to overcome the resistances one ammo/mag combination or another encounters during feeding. In particular, my own heavy .22 bolt would work with a few mags and hang up on the rest, and the ROF decrease from the added weight (I didn't have a meter at the time so I don't know exactly what it was), wasn't worth the hassle of keeping separate mags for this bolt or that bolt. As Thoreau said, "Simplify, simplify, simplify!"
Best of luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc.
ETA: A year ago I measured the full auto ROF using the Vector standard weight bolt and the Vector .22 recoil spring (10 coils fewer than a 9mm spring). For both CCI MiniMag and CCI SV ammos the ROF was right around 1000 RPM.

Last edited:

Roaster72

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks!

Given your advice, I don't think I will proceed with this idea. My kit is running about perfectly and I hate to screw up a good thing.

K2

Hi All, I've one of the BWE bolts. ROF is normally between 675-725. Shot a 6 bay match with it Saturday. Only failure was the bolt came down and the round didn't fire. That was the only stoppage of the day.

Enjoy,

K2

ps. BTW. Tungsten is not required. You can add too much weight.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter