Check out this folding foregrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta-10

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889340527

That is absolutely insane.
I have seen those occasionally on Uzi SMG's for sale. I had always wanted one just because I saw them on some listings. I finally found one myself a couple years back. Like the seller of the one above( I asked the guy about it when he first listed it). I found that while it looked cool it wasn't really practical. Guess I'm going to have to dig mine out and put it on GB

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Looks like the stupid factor didn't really kick in until the $250 mark. Already slightly high for what it is. Basically a modified motorcycle folding foot rest. I remember when these were around in the 80's but at the time I was a MAC fiend and the Uzi too common for my tastes. LOL That said, years later I got my first Mini and was hooked. I bought my grip from a fellow UT member who gave me a good deal. I had to modify the rubber grip so it could fold with the smaller framed Uzi.

That being said, the MUCH more fascinating question to me is WHO spends $1200 on something like this? Obviously some one who can AFFORD to overspend. I know it may sound condescending, but I maintain there's a LOT of truth to the old adage... Some people have more money than sense.
I guess I'm having trouble adjusting to a world of $2/rd 9mm, and $1200 motorcycle foot rests.
To each their own. That's the freedom that's made America great. For now....

ole442

Banned
Way freakin' too close to the city....especially n
Yes..... neat item and I've seen them around every rare once in a while in the years I've owned UZI's but, to me, it isn't worth over say $75.00 as I see it. But then, I'm a cheapo semi auto UZI guy! I'm definately not even close to being in this league!

TSPC

UZI Talk Supporter
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889340527

That is absolutely insane.
I have seen those occasionally on Uzi SMG's for sale. I had always wanted one just because I saw them on some listings. I finally found one myself a couple years back. Like the seller of the one above( I asked the guy about it when he first listed it). I found that while it looked cool it wasn't really practical. Guess I'm going to have to dig mine out and put it on GB

That seller is a frequent poster here.

Last edited:

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
Definitely fits the "where can I spend my money today" crowd. $1250 could buy you a case of 9mm.

Dropsith

I was thinking about bidding on this the other day when it was at ~$175. I would not have come near the final price! Was going to come here to post it when I saw what it went for but figured one of you guys would have already brought it up =)

Neat accessory, but for that kindof cash, I'd rather chop the foot peg off my motorcycle and call it a day haha

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
That seller is a frequent poster here.

I sold that VFG at a reasonable price to Battering ram NIB just a couple of months ago because he desperately had to have one. I guess his desperate need disappeared quickly. Lesson learned not to do favors for the members, at least some of them.

b_saan

I sold that VFG at a reasonable price to Battering ram NIB just a couple of months ago because he desperately had to have one. I guess his desperate need disappeared quickly. Lesson learned not to do favors for the members, at least some of them.

Far be it for me to defend Dave but was he supposed to sell it back to you if he ended up not liking it? He offered it to me for what he paid for it and I turned it down because a) Uzi's don't need foregrips and b) it's ugly as sin. He then listed it thinking he'd just get his money back, is it his fault that 2 morons bid it up to 10x his asking price?

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,

I did not buy it with the Intension to resell it. I didn’t like the feel of it. I offered it for what I paid for it to TWO UT members and both declined. So I tossed it on GB. What else should I had done? Did you want it back ? I didn’t know it would sell for $1225.

I figured you’d be pissed. You sold it to me. It’s mine to resell. Wasn’t looking for $1225. I listed it for what I paid for it. Just to unload it. Sorry your angry, but I think it’s unjustified.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, your's to resell. It's not about the money. I'm just disappointed I believed your story about desperately searching for one for years. I should have known better.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I buy a ton of crap. A lot!! Drums, mags, parts. I keep some for years, some months, some days. Often things are not what I thought they will be. I looked for that grip for 5 years. Your asking price was fair and about what most members here would have paid for it. Eventually I sell all my stuff and move onto something else. My story was true. I just didn’t like it. Again I offered it to other members, they declined. What am I to do ? Toss it on GB is the easiest option

Be upset. I’m sorry

Sounds like you wanted it back ?
Did you give me a good deal? It was fair. I didn’t think it was a special price.

FYI. Anything anyone sells me? I’m gonna sell it some day. Might be in a year, month or 2 days. I have bought things specifically to resell. This item was not one of those.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I offered it for what I paid for it to TWO UT members

Funny, I didn't see that listing?
Maybe because you offered it privately?

So I tossed it on GB. What else should I had done?

Oh, I don't know? Maybe put it up for sale HERE? You know, the site where you claim to be a big 5 star supporter and all? Instead of GreedBroker? Not that I have ANY issue with you or anyone selling on GB. But if I got a deal from the OWNER of this site, I think, no I KNOW I would have THOUGHT before I made that move. I think really that's the only thing that bothers me about the whole deal...the idea that you don't see why some people might view your actions in an unfavorable light. The crazy profit really is NOT the issue. You might THINK about that a bit?
It does make for a great new site meme though...from now on we can have the "Battering Ram Move" and everyone will know what that means.
Meanwhile, enjoy your $1000 claim to infamy.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Donate $500 to the site, problem solved

That was my FIRST thought...but I don't make it a habit to tell someone what to do with THEIR money.
But, since you were more forthright than me... :)
Excellent idea!

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I just want to make sure of these new UT laws
1. Any item purchased through UT must be resold through UT. You cannot sell this item how you want.
2. If you break law #1 you will be forgiven if you donate 50% of your profit back to UT.
3. You MUST resell these items for exactly what you bought them for. (An UT spread sheet Is recommended to keep track of all items)

Is there a time limit on law 1? After a year can I sell it any way I want?

We should put these laws down in a thread with the other website rules because I didn’t know they existed

Btw I can tell your politics by how I can’t do whatever I want with my property.

I will keep a list of items I buy from UT members from now on and only sell here. I am
Sorry for not knowing the UT laws.

A thread went from the shocking sell price of an item to attacking the guy who sold it because he made too much money .

I’ve got 2 teen daughters. They are always fighting and battling with other girls. Friends today , enemies tomorrow and friends the day after that. You guys remind me of high school girls.

Uncle Billy

wow, a guy sell his own property on a auction site and he gets lambasted for doing so because it sold for a ungodly amount of money for what it is . it's not like he twisted the arm of the bidders to bid the price up to that amount where it sold for.

my take, good for battering ram
vbat48u.gif

gee, years ago I bought a HK A3 collapsible stock for around 200 bucks for my clone HK 53, if I could find a knock off of one I would sell that HK one on HK PRO for 1800 bucks, about what they are going for, and it would get snatch up in a heart beat

Last edited:

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
My suggestion was only that, a suggestion. I've been on this site for 17 years and have never seen such an unusual, one off occurrence happen here or any other board.
It was just something I thought might reconcile 2 people that I happen to have great respect for. Whether or not the suggestion is taken makes no difference to me, it will
not change the way I think about anyone on this site, I plan on focusing my attention on what is going on in DC for the foreseeable future, want to find out if they're going
to pass some laws that will make me an instant felon.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I just want to make sure of these new UT laws

Nope, there are no new UT laws, and no one is upset that it sold for big money on gunbroker (including me) and no one has asked you for a donation. I'm just disappointed that I fell for your story about desperately wanting one of these. Clearly you didn't.

Since this is going down a rat hole, it's time to put the discussion to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter