Competed In My First Match

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Guys,

For some time now sofltodd has been pressurizing me to compete in the monthly subgun match which is held in Port Malabar and this past Sunday I finally did. I competed with my 9mm FS Semi IMI B Model and .45 ACP Springfield MC Operator and I don't think I did too bad.

Running around with two guns while engaged in a realistic type scenario was awesome and unlike any shooting I have ever done before. Shooting through barrels and engaging targets while kneeling was especially fun.

Well I came in at third place in the semi category. Not bad except for the fact there were only three people competing in the semi category. If there were more people I definitely would not have come in last, but hey I am learning.

I learned a lot of things and still have much to learn, but two things I decided for myself are the following:

I am getting a duty belt where I can have all my pouches pre attached. Not only was it a pain in the ass threading the pouches through the belt and pants loops my thigh rig kept pulling down on my pants even though I was wearing a really firm riggers belt.

I am getting a dump pouch. Not only does mag retention add some realism it also keeps your mags cleaner.

Attachments

• Labor Day Shoot Malabar.jpg
    Labor Day Shoot Malabar.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 128

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
You pussy! Where I shoot, they shoot back!

Just kiddin'! Congrats. Someday we'll have to get together and do some serious shootin'!

Jim

SubGunFan

UZI Talk Life Member
A lot of people (armchair commandos) like to Talk the Talk...... But it was fun to Walk the Walk... correct? :)

It is a BIG difference just going out and blasting cans & bottles from actually strapping on extra gear and knowing the clock is running.............. :)

Glad you enjoyed your first SMG match so much. Next time ask to borrow a FA and try it............ :)

Last edited:

sofltodd

Banned
First off.. Congratulations to you Sayeret Shaldag for coming out and deciding to have some fun with us!

You did awesome and for those who have done competition shooting before I think they can appreciate this little factoid... Sayeret Shaldag decided to take a knee on his own at one point in a stage to better address the targets.. He decided to do what he felt was right for the situation... bad ass... I still don't have that presence of mind :jester

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
Awsome news. Congrats on your first competition. For what it's worth, you did better than I did my first time. I had a negligent discharge and DQ'd on the first of three stages and ended up coming in 17 out of 20 (though it was my first time shooting full auto).

I've found that you can plan your gear out as much as you want, but it's not until you've actually had to use it in a practical manner that you really get to understand how it will work and what you'll really need. For instance, I know what you mean about the mag pouches weighing down your belt. I've gotten myself an interesting chinese chest pouch that I plan to use to carry my UZI mags next time I go.

Of course I have to get off my fat butt and actually go with you guys again sometime.

Last edited:

KarenL7777

UZI Talk Supporter
Congrats Sayeret Shaldag on your first match!! I'm glad you posted this as I enjoyed hearing about it

terma-nator

Congrats on your first match. I was supposed to go, but my friends who normally go with me had other plans (slimed out). So I didn't feel like driving up alone.....

Maybe next time, we can car pool or something?
I'll lend you your choice of subguns if you want to shoot one of those in the match....

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
sofltodd said:
Sayeret Shaldag decided to take a knee on his own at one point in a stage to better address the targets.. He decided to do what he felt was right for the situation... bad ass... I still don't have that presence of mind :jester

You forgot. This sombitch goes to Israel all the time. I'll bet he's training with some of those elite units over there!:gym

Jim

AZ Doug

UZI Talk Life Member
Congrats! From the sound of it I am certain it won't be your last match, you are as hooked as the rest of us. It really doesn't matter where you placed, as long as you had fun and did so safely. Pretty soon you will be like the rest of us and forget there were only three shooters in your class and just say you placed third.

Doug

BlackTen

UZI Talk Supporter
My grandma is the hottest & youngest at her nursing home

AHHHHHHHHHHH, I knew there was something fishy about that 3rd place trophy.

Having just had a kid, I've been unable to go with Sayeret to these subgun matches in Malabar. Here I am letting him make me feel guilty/jealous that I have not been able to go lately.

Sayeret comes home last week and proudly reports he placed 3rd and received a trophy. A couple of days later he shows it to me. I told him congrats, that is was quite a feat to place 3rd on his first try. I couldn't believe it actually. Even though Sayeret has been to Malibar a few times lately and has been shooting more than I lately, I could never imagine placing the first time I compete. Sayeret of course failed to mention to me that there were only 3 people competing in that category. :pound At least you were honest here on Uzitalk.

I'm going to keep an eye on you Sayeret. No more shenanigans!

And the next time we go to the range I'm taking that trophy and using it for target practice. Also if we go to Malabar and there are only 4 people competing, I'm guaranteed a trophy. Maybe I'll make you a nice 4th place ribbon.

BTW, who had that dillon aero T-shirt first?

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter