dumb powder springs MAC question

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
Hi guys,
sorry to ask another dumb question, but I haven't been able to ascertain the answer to this in reading around so I have to ask.

What do people mean when they refer to a "powder springs" MAC. Is it a different type of MAC, or is it simply some type of accessory that one puts on a MAC to turn it into one of these? Are these more valuable than, say a standard MAC10?

thanks

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
Powder Springs, GA...

is where Military Armament Corporation made their MACs prior to their move to Marietta, GA..

These smgs are considered to be the most desirable of the breed!

Nicely welded & finished...

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
Ah, I get it, Powder Springs, not powder springs. It's a proper name. Would've never guessed that one.

thanks Stymie.

While we're on the subject, how do you know if your MAC is a Powder Springs version?

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
PS m11 pic

265384.jpg

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
That pretty much says it... Look for the city of mfg if you just have the paperwork... They seemed to put more time and quality controls in their guns... Better matieral and workmanship... But the standard Macs have been reworked pretty well by now...

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Brian, I have an exception to what I

also thought was the rule. My M10-9mm is a PS gun and the paperwork shows Marietta! Strange.

Bill J

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
Re: Brian, I have an exception to what I

trilogymac said:
also thought was the rule. My M10-9mm is a PS gun and the paperwork shows Marietta! Strange.

Bill J

Sounds like that is a mistake in the paperwork.... Like that would never happen with the ATF... You could send in a letter to correct the info... But that just might open a can of worms...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter