FNC: Any advantage to having sear only on F4?

rockman96

Title says it. What is the advantage to buying a FNC with the sear being the only thing listed on the form4? (You can still only use the sear in a FNC, right?)

Any advantage to seeking out a Howco stamped gun?

I've probably overlooked something in my searches. If I have, apologies.

Last edited:

xm15e2s

Sear will be the only number on the form.

If you find any other serial number, the form was done incorrectly.

A few forms out there list the host number and the owners are just asking for problems.

rockman96

Problems... meaning that if something happens to the gun, you wouldn't be able to install the sear in another FNC host? On one hand, it seems like the form should be able to be amended to eliminate the second number, especially if the form was done incorrectly(?) to begin with. On the other hand I could see that attempting this could potentially bite you in the arse, knowing how the ATF can be.

You said "a few forms"... is it a pretty low minority?

GeneralJPP

I think you are fine. I know someone who has the same thing on his form 4. According to our MG dealer, he told him it is not an issue. The NFA item is the sear, period.

Stout

Mine is a registered machine gun made by Pheonix Arms. That's the spelling on the form. Honest. No markings on the gun itself beyond the Gun South import markings.

So there are more than just the Howco guns out there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter