Generic Tannerite bulk - USA Chemical Supply

ChuckB

I am not affiliated with this company other than I, and my friends, have bought a lot of AN & Al from them. ChrisOK mentioned in another thread I like to mix it by the milk jug. It is < $3 per pound delivered. Using 10off code it was $125 shipped for 50#. Using 10free and buying 50# of bulk, plus 20 half pound .22kits, getting 20 free .22 kits using 10free, came to $255 shipped. That should last me through NUTS 2015.

Vendor: http://usachemicalsupply.com/

Right now they are giving away 10 1/2# .22lr kits with every $100 spent, coupon code: 10free

The .22lr ones expand at 5x the rate, and make for an impressive boom. My plan is to use them as a primary charge to set of ANAl mix, using a suppressed .22lr rifle.

I can link up videos but youtube is full of them. They don't do it justice.

The bulk mix from USA isn't quite as impressive as commercial Tannerite per pound, but the difference is minimal. They add something to give it more color IMO. However this is 1/3 the cost.

You can also get 10% off your order if you do not get the 10 free using code: 10off

Note, when you mix several pounds or more to shoot at once, mix up a lean batch (less aluminum) that is still coated, and put it in the middle of the regular mix. It doesn't ignite as easy but makes for a more impressive thump.

Chrisok1

Chuck does love to blow up some milk jugs! I think a 5 gal bucket is in order for NUTS---just saying!

ChuckB

I still need to upload the video and study, but today we did four explosions with differing amounts of aluminum powder. Long story short, going by crowd opinion and size of the hole in the ground, more aluminum = better.

Each with 4# of AN, we tried 36, 40, 48 and 63 grams of aluminum powder. The suggested my is 12 grams of aluminum per pound of AN. I have been mixing it lean thinking that would be better, but am doubtful.

I'm down for 5 gallons at NUTS.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Wondering what would happen w/ 1 kg of Al?
MASSIVE bang,or just wasteful?
IF it were me, I'd go to 75g,then 100g, & work my way up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter