I'm pending

dannyk45

UZI Talk Supporter
I called the ATF and my transfer is pending. When do I start loading my mags? This is my first Full Auto Uzi.:jester

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
It used to be a long wait from pending to approval but now it's quite fast. If everything is correct on your forms and there's no red flags for you or the gun, approval should happen in not more than a week past pending. 4-6 weeks total from the time you mail the forms until the seller receives the approved form is typical.

johninocala

UZI Talk Supporter
Yep from what I've read the 90 to beyond days are a thing of bad past thoughts! Enjoy, and be safe.

catfish

UZI Talk Supporter
When I did mine about a year ago it was almost a month to the day between when I sent in my paper work and when it came back approved. I called the BATF once during the process, to see if they had the paperwork yet, and it had already been approved. Hope that's still the case.

blueline541

UZI Talk Life Member
About thirty days between mailing off the forms and getting my submachines in my hand. Just one day of difference between spring of this year and spring of last year. '06 was twenty-four hours faster.

dannyk45

UZI Talk Supporter
:silly What exactly does pending mean? I knew it was pending when I called. He asked me if I thought the pending status was going to change. Then I told him I was under the impression that approval was only a week after pending and he laughed at me, he said it could be 90 days, but generally another 30. Are the people that answer the phone less informed about time it takes than the examiners that actually do it. Also do you call and check after it's pending or just wait?

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I got the same 30-90 days after pending on my last transfer and they ended up approving it about 7 days after pending. I think they just give you the "safe" answer so people don't call back and harass them.

Pending just means that the transfer is now in their system and assigned to an examiner for approval.

drw

UZI Talk Life Member
Pending means that the paperwork and background check are being processed. If you haven't received your paperwork in 40-45 days, give them another call to check the status of your transfer.

Cohiba

Hold tight:bang . I know the wait can be a killer. I had an M-11, go from 30-45 days. I've got one right now(Group Industry) on the 3rd week.

I would have the LULA loader warmed up and loading the mags now.
Get this "outta" the way, so when it comes in you are ready!! :uzi

**I always celebrate a new toy with a Cuban cigar(Cohiba) and a cold shotglass of Altai vodka.

Why? Happy to have one more( always one more) toy and a "shot" of courage to help when my wife finds out!!:brick

Have fun!!
Cohiba

dannyk45

UZI Talk Supporter
Approved

Here's how it went down. Now I have to wait to get it probably a couple days.

Mailed forms 8/01/07
Check cashed 8/06/07
Pending 8/27/07
Approved 9/10/08

Last edited:

johninocala

UZI Talk Supporter
Yep, APPROVED is the magic word! You might have it this wekend.

Shoot well and be Safe.

dannyk45

UZI Talk Supporter
I have 500 rounds loaded in mags in my truck when he calls. I am going straight to the range.

dannyk45

UZI Talk Supporter
I got it

Got my Uzi today and fired 500 rounds it was great.:gym

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter