Interesting FA Micro setup on Gunbroker

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I just listed a factory new IMI Mini closed bolt assembly and full size .45 open bolt assembly on Gunbroker then went to look at comparing prices and saw this listing: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/939264584

That is a semi bolt but it was modified as per the 1984 Firepower semi to full auto conversion book.
Take a close look at the right bottom side of the bolt and you will see it has been radius'ed to engage a trip lever.
Look at the striker and you will see that it has been welded onto with an additional sear catch. In the book, the striker modification is just welding a 'catch' on there but whoever did this one went the extra mile and did a corresponding 'tongue and groove' catch then welded it which is a nice touch. Very nicely done.

I've always wanted to do this setup back when I had my Micro.

In his ad, he says, "This has all of the parts including the closed bolt safety system."

Too bad he didn't show those pics as well as this system requires the fabrication of a custom trip lever, secondary sear, secondary sear mounting block, shaft for those parts to pivot on, secondary sear leaf type spring. It also requires a very slight opening of the receiver. Right and left of the mag well.

The RR Micro that I used to have apparently had this system as a previous owner had my receiver milled for this system.

I had been searching for one of these for sale and / or wanted to build the parts some day but never got around to it.

I think it would result in a slower ROF than a factory Micro and I think it is more reliable since it relies on the bolt to trip the secondary sear and the striker spring would be at full charge rather than just hanging on the for ride like how a factory Micro / Mini / FS full auto closed bolt UZI works.

If I still had my Micro, I would hit this seller up for more details and pics on the firecontrol parts.

If you are reading this maybe one of you has my old Micro or has a Micro that already has the receiver mods and it would be close to drop in for you.

This is the book I'm talking about:
micuzimodman1.jpg

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter