Interesting M11/9 upper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Well that is cool, and I am impressed you found er. I am officially giving up trolling for rare or mislabeled Mac stuff on GunBroker now that I know you're out there ;-)

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Well that is cool, and I am impressed you found er. I am officially giving up trolling for rare or mislabeled Mac stuff on GunBroker now that I know you're out there ;-)
lol, I canā€™t search GB all dayā€¦. Thereā€™s still scores to be had. I look at the completed listings often to see how much stuff is selling for and keep up on the market and I often see some amazing buy it now deals that only last moments before someone grabs them. Happens to me here with the WTS forums all the time. I always tell myself Iā€™m gonna start checking them more frequently but then I forget and miss out on more stuff. Somebody scored one hell of a MAC parts lot for a grand about a month or 2 ago in the parts for sale board, like a half dozen uppers and flats and tons of parts sets in bags, probably like 4k worth of shit, and there was a 20 dollar Cobray cone flash hider sold last week too!

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I received the upper, itā€™s in damn near unfired condition. Needs a new ejector rod but otherwise id say itā€™s EXC+. It is as I suspected, a slo-rate M11/9 .380 smg conversion upper. The bolt is an old leftover MAC/RPB M11 .380 cast bolt with the ā€œLā€ proof mark, and it has a chunk of an M11/9 bolt neatly TIG welded to the rear end. The barrel assembly/strap hanger is the same that was used on the ā€œlarge gripā€ M11A1. The strap itself is the same heavyweight thicker webbing material RPB used, but itā€™s assembled like an SWD strap, so even that is an early part, like 83-84, most likely original to this upper receiver.

This thing is a very cool and rare early SWD accessory. I am happy to have found one of these after the last couple years keeping my eyes peeled for one.

IMG_3334.jpeg

IMG_3336.jpeg
IMG_3335.jpeg
IMG_3337.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg
IMG_3339.jpeg

Last edited:

smdub

UZI Talk Life Member
By the way, the purpose of bidder collusion is to boost the price of your own auctionsā€¦ or someone you are working with. Otherwise known as ā€œshill biddingā€.
Bidder collusion covers price fixing, bid rigging, etc. So it covers the very common buyers agreeing not to bid against one another to keep the price low.

But you're new here so I'll excuse the ignorance of the law and the other knuckle dragging insults.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Bidder collusion covers price fixing, bid rigging, etc. So it covers the very common buyers agreeing not to bid against one another to keep the price low.

But you're new here so I'll excuse the ignorance of the law and the other knuckle dragging insults.
You do realize your opinion is the unpopular one and the other posters here are laughing at you right?? But apparently Iā€™m new here, so Iā€™ll let you think everyone agrees with you and Iā€™ll continue to ā€œbreak the lawā€ by interacting with other members of gunbroker if need bešŸ™„šŸ™„. Can you please leave my thread now with this corny legal eagle tattletale bullshit? There are other people here that actually want to read about the M11 .380 conversion upper and donā€™t care that I messaged another bidder.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm kinda curiouse if anyone emailed the seller and told him that it was rare and valuable as a collectable.

Ya know like when someone sells something in the grey area and everyone piles on the seller with the PMs.

Just playing devils advocate since I don't own a M11/9 transferable and have no skin in the game.

But it is a honest question. And a question on morals also.
Kinda like putting the shopping cart back where it goes instead of just leaving it astray in the parking lot. type of question.

I mean I read all over different forums where guys send PMs on grey area stuff.
But I've never read once where someone bragged up they told the seller what they had and it was undervalued, rare, or highly collectable.

Wonder why that is?

Sometimes I think gun owners are their own worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter