Light primer strikes

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Full auto, semi auto, short barrel, .22LR ammo?

Light primer strikes in full auto is usually a symptom of bolt bounce and is generally associated with barrels shorter than 14 1/2".

Super Dak©

Full auto? Semi auto? Happening all the time or just certain times? Random? What's the situation?

D'oh! Vegas beat me to the questions. :)

dprice3844444

Banned
1.check the boltface,inside the barrel for burrs.
2.check headspace
3. measure length of firing pin or swap it out for another and retry
4.check for burrs inside the boltface
5. try another bolt assembly

MrM4

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
A few more random things that might cause that:

Carbon build up in the firing pin channel can cause this.
If its an old gun you may need a new hammer spring, things wear out, springs included.
Check for a broke hammer pin.

David Hineline

FFL/SOT
If it was a M16 it would be caused by round chambered hammer down light primer hit, When the bolt closes and locks it bounces open and unlocks retracting the firing pin protrusion.

The fix on a M16 is full sized stock buffer, heavier recoil spring, heavier hammer spring, heavier buffer in a shorty stock.

Not sure how the bumpmaster works as far as buffers etc.

grezy

UZI Talk Supporter
Can we assume that everything was fine before the Slidefire was installed?
Yes everything was fine. with that being said i was also using the surefire 60 rd mag ,i had two light strikes with it and one with 30 rd magpul the upper was from shurluk and the bolt and carry are rock river chrome plated , stag arms lower, i know a franking 15, all new with little use prier to testing

D-boy

I think it's usually bolt bounce.

But, since the rifle has no sear, and he's using slidefire, isn't it possible the hammer is dropping too soon and ridding the pin into battery?

mikillium

I think it's usually bolt bounce.

But, since the rifle has no sear, and he's using slidefire, isn't it possible the hammer is dropping too soon and ridding the pin into battery?

That's exactly what it's doing! I had the same problem! There is nothing wrong with your AK, the problem is you are not relaxing and letting the gun work! It takes very little forward pressure to get it going! As your grip increases so does the forward pressure your applying and you start to fight the gun stopping it from working. Every time I had a no fire issue this was the case. It's like you cause the AK to short stroke and the hammer rides the bolt forward! Just RELAX and ease into it, the stock will do the rest!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter