Lower Registration Question

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Two "safe" options would be to obtain another stripped lower, or register the existing one as an SBR.

My plan is to get a new stripped Lower. I'm going to a different GS this time, and hope they don't paper it as a Rifle like the last place did.

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
You can build anything in the house! I machined 2 80% ARs on my dining table and built a PPSh from a parts kit in my living room when I lived in a second floor apartment and worked graveyard.

Yes, I was single at the time. My girlfriend now would kill me if I did that now.

Back when I was single I rebuilt a yamaha yz 250 engine on my kitchen counter.

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
My plan is to get a new stripped Lower. I'm going to a different GS this time, and hope they don't paper it as a Rifle like the last place did.

The new version of the Form 4473 requires the GS/FFL to fill out their part on the firearm details BEFORE you fill out yours, so you'll be able to see that they've recorded it as a "receiver" rather than "rifle", or you can stop the process right there until/unless they get it right.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
The new version of the Form 4473 requires the GS/FFL to fill out their part on the firearm details BEFORE you fill out yours, so you'll be able to see that they've recorded it as a "receiver" rather than "rifle", or you can stop the process right there until/unless they get it right.

Thanks for the info. That will definitely help

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter