M10 Fake suppressor question

lemonysword

I recently purchased a 9mm MAC10. I want to get an original two stage suppressor for it because I love the look, but I can only find them in .45ACP. I could wait and hope I find one, but my next best bet is to build one myself. The fake suppressors on the market are the exact same dimensions, though they seem to weigh more. Can anyone provide me some insight on the makeup of these? Are they hollow? Would this be a viable baseline for a Form 1 suppressor?

https://www.ftfindustries.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RP-M102SFS-G2

Deerhurst

Fake cans are usually a billet piece with a hole down the middle. Will need a lot more work to make a can out of one.

I'm using a White Trash Tactical kit for my F1 can.

The FTF faux can looks like it's probably just steel stock turned to the shape and a hole bored down the center.

Renegade

UZI Talk Supporter, , Semper Vigilo
The RPB one I had from back in the day was a tube that threaded to the barrel. Then they took suppressor sized tubes(s) and welded that to the the inner tube.

In other words, useless and easier to make new tubes.

rentprop1

The FTF faux can looks like it's probably just steel stock turned to the shape and a hole bored down the center.

a threaded pipe with a large washer front and rear with a larger pipe welded to the big washer , thats all....the cheap ones are very crude

there is a guy out of Florida, MLR distributors that has pretty good copies

lemonysword

Very heavy unfortunately, seems like they weigh more than the actual suppressors did.

Garrett

Back in the day I used a 7/8-9 to 3/4-10 thread adapter to shoot a CAC-45 on the MAC10/9 upper. It worked fine, and should do what you need if you can’t find a fake can with 9mm pattern threads.

Deerhurst

a threaded pipe with a large washer front and rear with a larger pipe welded to the big washer , thats all....the cheap ones are very crude

At almost 50oz I feel like it's a bit more material than some pipe. It's also twice the cost of my much more intricate PBS5 faux suppressor that was the barrel extension on my krink pre-SBR. Either prices have gone way up prints price is too high for some crude tube.

slimshady

That's pretty much what the M11/NINE fake suppressor was, IIRC I gave about $10 for it back in the 80s to go with my pistol. Waste of money even at $10!

automaticlee

I never thought my original RPB can would be worth anything. It seems there bringing some money now.

rentprop1

That's pretty much what the M11/NINE fake suppressor was, IIRC I gave about $10 for it back in the 80s to go with my pistol. Waste of money even at $10!

I gave $30 for my Cobray marked fake can at a gun show, but it had the nomex cover and spring deal , so ???

slimshady

I gave $30 for my Cobray marked fake can at a gun show, but it had the nomex cover and spring deal , so ???

Does the cover fit a real suppressor? Mine was just plain parked steel, and other than giving you something to hold on to when "spraying from the hip"...

automaticlee

Heads up. There is a two stage mac can on Gun Broker right now that doesn't seem to be attracting a lot of interest. It was at 100 bucks last time i looked.
Item #

rrrgcy

Fake suppressors Cobray MAC

The in-manufacture versions are neat as ephemera/accessories - can’t go wrong for the price for a piece of MAC Cobray SWD RPB lore. I wonder how many makes and versions are out there ? And how many per manufacturer were made? Mine is Cobray stamped.

That OP FTF Industries fake 2-stage is 3lbs. Mine is quite heavy as well.

Practically, yesterday kids held onto the SWD M12 380 semi w the fake can. I felt better about it w/out the strap. At worst, place it as a novelty on your desk at work and let the discussions begin! Appreciate the fake cans. Well parkerized and fitted thread. The three end cap tacks were done on each end precisely in the same place opposite and each spot was beveled for the weld. They weren’t just slapped together. These were well ‘enough’ made and cosmetics okay for what they are imho.

Anyone know why there are two longitudinal holes - cooling I figure. Haven’t put it on the full but assume it’d become blistering.

Last edited:

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
The two holes mimic the holes where the real suppressors spanner wrench was placed for taking it apart.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter