Mac 10/45 or Mac 10/9

jkacg1

UZI Talk Supporter
I would recommend buying a Powder Springs M10/45. You will have a better chance of getting uppers that fit and you can always shoot 9mm with the addition of a drop in mag well conversion or MAX10/31.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
Let’s assume that they both are powder springs. Is the 45 better just because you can add a caliber by converting it to a 9 mm also?

jkacg1

UZI Talk Supporter
Let’s assume that they both are powder springs. Is the 45 better just because you can add a caliber by converting it to a 9 mm also?

That is my opinion. I really enjoy shooting the factory upper in .45 ACP plus more options = better. You are just limiting yourself with an M10/9.

ferndog1

UZI Talk Supporter
9mm MACs are quieter when suppressed (using subsonic ammo) 9mm ammo is cheaper, but original-reliable "Walther" mags are expensive.
I have never found a 45 to 9mm conversion that was reliable. I ended up buying a 9mm MAC. i like shooting the 9mm suppressed with the old-school can, the .45 is noticeably louder supposed.
Both suppressors are original, updated by Tom Bowers.

jkacg1

UZI Talk Supporter
I have never had any issues running my M10/45s with the drop in mag well conversion and using RPB Style mags Lage sells.

ccosby

Ideally the 45acp setup for unmodifed grease guns is going to be the most desirable. You can run an adapter for 9mm or get the max31 upper that has its own magwell. Now you could always convert a 9mm m10 to a grease gun magwell.

Another option if you want to shoot both would be to get either and have practical solutions convert it to an uzi magwell. Then its just swapping uppers and mags.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
Basically I have a well used 10/45 and a Nib 10/9 decision to make they both are the exact same price but I only want one to keep. I probably should buy both and I will end up flipping one through my business. I bought a 10/9 last year and a customer ended up talking me into selling it before I even got to shoot it. He put a few mags through it and handed it to me with a Lage upper on it now I have the itch to replace it. The fat Mac is a chunk but it’s smooth.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
I went with the 45 PS gun as I new I could go 9mm r smaller with it.
I to never had any luck with the drop in stuff ( sold it all for a good price) and bought a MAX 10/31
And scored a Flemming .22 kit that runs about 500 rounds before you need to clean it.

45 to 9 but not 9 to 45

And yes if they are both good deals pick them up and then decide with the ability to flip the other as you mentioned.

Rich

cjsoccer3

I’m big into the M10/45 (having 4 MGs and them all being PS M10/45s). I think some like the smaller grip of the 9mm. I will say you can suppress 45 wayyyy easier than 9mm. Having both 9 and 45 cans - 9 requires mail order 147 grain ammo, which you’ll eventually throw the towel in on doing. The 45acp has easier to find magazines and seemingly much better ones.

You can get a 9mm oem upper and a lage magwell insert to drop the caliber down to 9mm if you really wanted. I’d say get the 45acp version - more options.

bigj480

UZI Talk Life Member
If I bought an M10 it would have to be in 45, so that's my suggestion. More options, more iconic, more coolerer.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
If you want a 9mm get a m11/9

If you want 45 get the m10/45

I see 0 positives to the 10/9

Mags are a problem
Oversized for 9mm

10/45 can shoot 9mm. Max 10/31

10/9 can’t shoot 45

No brainer choice

Blksniper2000

I have an uzi converted m10/9 and both my 9mm and 45acp uppers and uzi mags all run with no issues.

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a Powder Springs M10/45 that I can use the drop-in 9mm conversion kit in and it runs 100%.

It wasn't by luck that the 9mm kit runs. I just had to do things properly, which includes using a 9mm mag catch. The 9mm mag catch allows the 9mm mag to sit at the correct height in the magwell for reliable feeding. If I use the .45 greasegun mag catch or one of those double shelf catches that allows use of cut and uncut .45 grease gun mags the 9mm kit will not run.

Some people here can get their 9mm conversion kits to run without using that 9mm mag catch, but mine requires it.

Interestingly enough (or not), when I see the drop-in conversion kits for sale I NEVER see them include the 9mm mag catch.

MPA guy

Mine is an M10/9. SWD converted. With my modified Suomi mags, I have never had a magazine related misfeed.

I wouldn't mind having a 45acp Lage upper for it. But the 9mm lage uppers work fine for me.

Erevis

When faced with that question, I went with the M10/9mm. In retrospect, I should have gotten a M11/9mm, but I wanted the beefier receiver.

I went with the M10/9mm because I always intended to do an Uzi magwell conversion (which I still have to do.) It didn't seem right to take a M10/.45 ACP and convert it to the Uzi magwell.

As it is, converting an M10/9mm to the Uzi magwell actually opens up the options to using Promag Uzi .45 magazine and .45 uppers, expanding the options for the M10/9mm.

I would have already done mine, but I am too anxious about shipping mine, so I have to contact Sam and figure out when I can drop it off physically. I'll just plan a TN vacation around the drop off.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
The M-10/45 is one bad hombre. I love the raw power of this bad ass beast in its stock form. I have other subguns I can shoot in 9mm and this is my only full auto .45acp.

I made a promise to myself that 2019 will be the year of the CF-W 45. Despite the short wait list, I’ll be moving forward. No promises on a release date, but I’m thinking mid year shipping.

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
The M-10/45 is one bad hombre. I love the raw power of this bad ass beast in its stock form. I have other subguns I can shoot in 9mm and this is my only full auto .45acp.

I made a promise to myself that 2019 will be the year of the CF-W 45. Despite the short wait list, I’ll be moving forward. No promises on a release date, but I’m thinking mid year shipping.

Oh man

This will severely influence my next machine gun purchase.....

Gaaa. Making it so hard to resist the m10/45....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter