Mac Style Mag ID Help

Member13

I bought this about a year or two ago......never knew what it went to. Seems to be 45 acp and about 10 rounds.......not sure as I have none of that caliber

Looks like mag catch is on side and a modified one on the back spine

click pics or arrow over to see more

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Yup appears to be the 45 acp 10 rounder they are great for concealment since you don't have the large 30 rnd. mag poking out the back of your jacket.

Best used with the Desantis Mac shoulder holster.

They are rather expensive magazines I think I paid 40 bux for mine in like new condition.
And push close to 100 bux today.

LawBob

Those are worthless. If you want me to get rid of it for you let me know. I’ll pay to ship.

Member13

It wasn't a collector grade quality finish......or I would feel bad about what I just did. I took a medium scotch bright pad to it so I could see just how deep that pitting is. Doesn't seem too bad if someone wanted to use it as a shooter. Based on the bad looking welds on the bottom of the mag I have to think it was longer and at some point was modified to be only 10 rounds. I didn't try to take the base plate off to see how bat it is inside so not sure what it looks like in there. Going to make a classified add here......if anyone in the above posts wants it I say we go in order of those posts....going to be cheap.

I put grease back on it as it will now need to be refinished as some of it is down to bare metal

New pics

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I remember when this was on gunbroker. It is a surplus GG mag that someone chopped down as far as they could and looks to have welded it back together. This is not a factory job, National never offered a mag like this and neither did anyone else as far as I know. That is the factory mag catch that is present on the GG mags and it has not been modified for the M10. It’s not 10 rounds, the Cobray marked CMP manufactured 10 round mags are quite a bit longer than this thing, they protrude out the bottom of the grip by a little over an inch. This is more like 4 or 5 rounds. Would look brand new with some “black magic” cold blue… Kind of silly to be honest….

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I might have to find some 45 brass to see how many fit
Im gonna bet 5 maybe 6 rounds tops, and that’s a big maybe. Not exactly the most useful magazine for anything that accepts GG mags unless somebody is such a high speed clandestine operator that the 1 inch of mag sticking out the bottom of the grip on a 10rder is creating too much drag. when I saw this on GB last year or whatever I figured someone was probably trying to salvage a damaged dented mag or something, or maybe meant to make a 10rd and took it just a little too far. Truth be told, it would be damn near impossible to remove this mag from a MAC-10 mag well without breaking down the gun. the 45 mags don’t drop free, they have to be pulled out of the well, often times they don’t come out easily either. With nothing to grab onto, you would probably have to push it out from the top with the upper removed. Since it’s not modified for the M10 mag catch I’m thinking someone may have been using this on another gun that uses GG mags like an encom 45 pistol or something, where more of the mag is exposed.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
gotta do finger bench presses and get that strength up!
It’s not even that. There is just literally no mag to even grab onto with that short one. The magwell would swallow the entire magazine, it’s shorter than the MAC magwell. I think someone was using that mag with a different gun, one of the many other semi autos that uses a GG mag but doesn’t take the mag into the grip, so more of the magazine is exposed. It’s not modified for a MAC, it’s possible they were using one of the unmodified GG mag catches but it makes more sense that it was used with a different gun entirely, one that it would be more practical with.

Member13

Mine has the pregnant snake logo so no tampon string needed ( can't knock em up twice)
Sorry about the mess got the hot end tore out on the printer due to a leak.

Anywho pretty sure this is what a OEM 10 rounder looks like for those who haven't seen one.

how long is it?

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Mine has the pregnant snake logo so no tampon string needed ( can't knock em up twice)
Sorry about the mess got the hot end tore out on the printer due to a leak.

Anywho pretty sure this is what a OEM 10 rounder looks like for those who haven't seen one.

Yes. That is a standard factory 10rd mag. They were made by CMP for RPB, they are significantly longer than the magazine posted by OP. His is almost half the length. I have quite a few of those 10rd magazines, all of them are logo stamped , one of them has a rare tiny cobray snake logo stamp towards the top, the rest have the standard Cobray in a circle at the center of the magazine. If you look at the rear of the locking plate on the CMP manufactured M10 mags you will see that it does not have the small rectangular notch cut out like the GG mags, and it has been factory modified for use in the M10 with 1/16th of an inch removed from the magazine catch surface.

LawBob

It wasn't a collector grade quality finish......or I would feel bad about what I just did. I took a medium scotch bright pad to it so I could see just how deep that pitting is. Doesn't seem too bad if someone wanted to use it as a shooter. Based on the bad looking welds on the bottom of the mag I have to think it was longer and at some point was modified to be only 10 rounds. I didn't try to take the base plate off to see how bat it is inside so not sure what it looks like in there. Going to make a classified add here......if anyone in the above posts wants it I say we go in order of those posts....going to be cheap.

I put grease back on it as it will now need to be refinished as some of it is down to bare metal

New pics
Thanks. That’s garbage. But I’m into recycling steel. Let me know…

DINK

I'll offer a theory as to the origin of this magazine. I once had a project for an extended MP-5 magazine which involved cutting and splicing two old straight MP-5 mags into one 50-rounder. After the job was done, we gathered up the remaining left-over parts, which included the cut-off top of one mag and the cut-off bottom of the other one and cobbled them together into a stumpy little magazine just for laughs. It holds three rounds of 9mm and has the same problem of not even sticking out of the magwell, but it makes a great conversation piece.

Just a possibility.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter