Magazine and Ammo questions

bullsi1911

What is the best source for magazines right now? I know they are cheap for the moment, and I want to get some before they become too expensive.

Also- what is everyone's choice for plinking ammo? Just regular Wally World WWB? Blazer?

RuhRoRorge

Yup - Now that Oberfeld is dry, Bocephus is the UziTalk source for 32's. The examples I bought from Oberfeld were awesome.

As for ammo, you can't go wrong with Wallace World and the venerable WWB. Stay away from Remington UMC....

BeltFedEd

UZI Talk Life Member
Bocefus is your best source for 32 round mags :thumbs_up

I bought a bunch from him. They were all in NIB condition. He is great to deal with.

Get'm before they're gone, or you'll be regreting it later :bang

I think I have to buy some more....too much is never enough :jester

bullsi1911

RuhRoRorge said:
As for ammo, you can't go wrong with Wallace World and the venerable WWB. Stay away from Remington UMC....

Good. That is my standard plinker for my other 9mm guns- and I have never had good luck with the Remington/UMC

Anyone use S&B?

Deltahayes

Since I live in the same area as the plant, I have ran quite a bit of Black Hills Ammo seconds (available at local gun shop) through my Vector FS/FA. Also Wolf and just about anything else I have on hand. (whitebox, reloads, etc)
Haven't tried UMC but all the other stuff has worked well.

ratski

UZI Talk Life Member
bullsi1911 said:
Good. That is my standard plinker for my other 9mm guns- and I have never had good luck with the Remington/UMC

Anyone use S&B?

I LOVE S&B. Wish I had bought more when it was running 115/K. Shoot alot of WWB also. Never had a problem with it out of the Uzi, AR-9mm or Glock pistols.

Right now at 160/K it is relatively inexpensive, reliable ammo. I like to pick up a few boxes whenever I am in Wally World. If I'm there alone, I try to grab 10boxes. "No honey, those are the same bags from Walmart that have always been sitting there."

Dave

BeltFedEd

UZI Talk Life Member
Oops, forgot about the ammo. Yep, I've pretty much only ran S&B in my UZI. When AmmunitionStore was around, I would pick up a case or two when I stopped in with a bigger order. Was cheaper than Wally World since there was no shipping.

Samuel_Hoggson

Another +1 for Bocefus. I have an idea that the price of 32s will be back up around $25 to $30 soon once the supply of $12 WG mags is bought up. (What I'm trying to say is..........don't dawdle)

Ammo? I mostly run steel case Wolf or Barnaul. I also have a fair amount of Adcom. A friend had a coupla squibs with this stuff, but so far I have had no such problems myself (about 2k downrange so far). I have read of squibs with WWB, but I think you have to take this with a grain of salt......I have an idea that more WWB gets shot out of Uzis than anything else.

The good news is that 9mm still seems to be available, even if prices have escalated. Check out gun-deals.com.

Sam

SecondAmend

I tend to use the 25 rnd mags - two mags per box of ammo. So most of my mags are 25s though I do have a few 32s that I usually only load to 25.

The only ammo I've had fail to work the Uzi has been Independence brand however the gun was pretty dirty by the time I got to that box of ammo. The ammo was cheap so I'd like to get more experience to see whether it is reilable.

Open Bolts

UZI Talk Supporter
On the WWB subject.... to be fair every ammo has potential for causing a squibb but I have also heard of several squibbs from WWB. My old C2 dealer refused to allow it in any of his guns. Of course it too can leave a grainy residue in actions, and spalls in ported barrels. It is convenient though, and well priced.
Stuff I've been shooting lately is S&B range safe. Good stuff and priced very competitively.

Boomer1961

bullsi1911 said:
What is the best source for magazines right now? ?

Barnes and Noble

They even have the SAR Magazine.....the one with the UZI article that everyone has the panties all bunched up and wetting them just thinking about touching the actual magazine and reading the article.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

1096369fred

UZI Talk Supporter
Just for info. no luck looking for S.A.R. at my local Barnes and Noble, or Borders...... They did have a good selection of gun mags. so I can't bitch too much!

Anyone else have luck elseware in the North East?

Fred

Deltahayes

I used to haunt a local drugstore that had a large book&mag rack but they were un-reliable only getting one or two copies, thinking," Who'd want to read a magazine about really tiny upper limbs..." Subscribe. It is the only answer. Actually, I have mostly 25 rnd surplus mags scrounged on sale from such diverse sources as "Whatta Country" and SARCO. Even though they are always advertised as "very good" every one I have gotten so far has been new as far as I can tell.

johnnywitt

UZI Talk Life Member
bullsi1911 said:

Anyone use S&B?

If I had to use military hardball in a SHTF scenario, it would be S&B (not the range safe stuff though). Real quality ammo IMO. WWB can't compare.

wunaswerve

compatibility

any issues with full-auto versus semi-auto carbines and 25 rd magazines? or will all 9mm magazines work with either version.

Thanks

ratski

UZI Talk Life Member
wunaswerve said:
any issues with full-auto versus semi-auto carbines and 25 rd magazines? or will all 9mm magazines work with either version.

Thanks

I would think that as long as you were using factory 25 rounders you would be good to go. Some great mags and inexpensive also.

Stay away from aftermarket crap like USA brand. It doesn't pay, especially with the 25 rounders going for anywhere between 8 and 12 bucks.

Dave

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter