Magazines dropping out of grip

Juggar

I have a PS .45 Mac-10, I also installed the Lage grip with dual mag catch. It seems like when running the keepshooting grease gun mags, it drops them out of the grip, usually with a bullet pointing vertically up through the feed lips. I think this may have even happened with the single Cobray mag it came with, but seems far more prevalent on these "new" grease gun mags. This has happened with both the stock upper and the Fat Ghost upper I currently run.

I never did run the gun with the mag release it came with, it was clearly aftermarket so I just immediately installed the Lage one. Has anyone dealt with this?

root

UZI Talk Supporter
No but I have the paddle mag release from Practical solutions.

I do however use the KS gg mags with no issue.
Even prefer them over USGI gg mags. ( I know I'm a heratic for saying that)

Juggar

No but I have the paddle mag release from Practical solutions.

I do however use the KS gg mags with no issue.
Even prefer them over USGI gg mags. ( I know I'm a heratic for saying that)
I may pick one of those up, I notice it says "There are at least four different magazine well designs for the M10" maybe thats why im having magazine issues with my lage mag release. Im learning a lot about these Mac's at least. If it works with your PS Mac-10 thats good info, thanks for that.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Remove the magazine release from the gun. Inspect the ledge/edge that locks the mag from falling. You may find its rounded over instead of sharp. If so, use a file or grinder minimally to create a sharp edge without losing much material which can cause the mag to sit in the gun slightly lower.

I had that issue on my 11/9 and that fixed it.

Juggar

Remove the magazine release from the gun. Inspect the ledge/edge that locks the mag from falling. You may find its rounded over instead of sharp. If so, use a file or grinder minimally to create a sharp edge without losing much material which can cause the mag to sit in the gun slightly lower.

I had that issue on my 11/9 and that fixed it.
Thanks, im going to try this tomorrow.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I bet that the spring that comes with Lage’s duel mag catch, is too short.
I’d try putting a small eraser or a small washer inside were the spring goes (the cavity), to give it extra pressure against the magazine.

Juggar

Well I finally got it running real good, I put back the magazine catch it came with (had a larger spring) and ran the Cobray stamped mag I have, along with a brand new FTF industries bolt (with improved extractor). Zero issues and would dump 30 round mags all day long. Running suppressed with my Silencer Co Hybrid 46M its crazy fast! I have a Practical Solutions Fat Ghost upper and its great!

I had to take the original bolt out after some light primer strikes, I think the spring needs to be replaced.

That said, I cut one of my keepshooting mags with a file such that it would use the mag catch the gun came with, and man these mags are just garbage. Fail to feeds very often in full auto, the spring is so much weaker than the Cobray stamped mag I have. Not sure what the deal with these mags is, but they clearly are an issue for me. I know I was shooting suppressed, so maybe that worked the bolt faster and they could not keep up, but wow I am getting rid of this junk and getting more REAL cut grease gun mags, or cobray if I can find em.

Final thoughts, an unsuppressed Mac-10 is a real head turner at the range. haha

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter