Max-10/9mm videos

captshiess

UZI Talk Supporter
Great videos! Thanks! Your max-10 SD is one of the coolest looking macs I've ever seen. I wish I could do that with my max-11 (the SD look). I guess I'll just have to fork out another 4500+ for a mac-10 and get on Richard's list.

boofus

The wind blowing on the microphone is louder than the shots. :shocked

Is that with subsonic ammo or just regular stuff?

skunkape

9mmsubgun-m11 said:
Very nice video! Are you getting much gas in your face from the can?

With the reloads the gas wasn't bad at all. I tried some WWB and it gassed me bad but I'm sure I could fix most of it since the plate that attaches to the rear sight isn't sitting tight on the upper.

Energizer

nice videos... I may have to make an SD later and get a new can.... my current can (SIONICS) will probably never be used on the MAX-10... :( but luckily I have another gun that I use that can with regularly... and its much quieter since the action is not MAC-like...

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
yes, thanks for posting. those are awesome videos. Also, it looks like it was a nice day for getting out and shooting a bit where you are.
I can't wait to get mine...

SEPUL

very nice i would love to set my 45 up like that

skunkape

SEPUL said:
very nice i would love to set my 45 up like that

I would like to see that but you would need a full auto 45 can thats 1 3/8" or smaller. I don't own any 45 suppressors but I would think they have to be larger that that.

sweep

skunkape said:
I would like to see that but you would need a full auto 45 can thats 1 3/8" or smaller. I don't own any 45 suppressors but I would think they have to be larger that that.
AAC lists at least 2 cans 1.38 in (35mm) but that may be pushin it

skunkape

sweep said:
AAC lists at least 2 cans 1.38 in (35mm) but that may be pushin it

I'm sure its 1 3/8" (1.375) and they rounded up but are they full auto rated? If so you should build the first Max-10SD in 45 so I can shoot it.:uzi

Did you get a date set for the FSN shoot?

MallNinja

UZI Talk Life Member
Between California and Georgia, south of Mississip
The problem with .45 suppressors is... they're loud... When they're on pistols, if they're not shot wet, they are not hearing safe. I've only heard one on an SMG, cant remember the model, but it was on a UMP (I think it was Gem-tech), and it two was loud for the first half mag. Just my :2cents

sweep

skunkape said:
I'm sure its 1 3/8" (1.375) and they rounded up but are they full auto rated? If so you should build the first Max-10SD in 45 so I can shoot it.:uzi

Did you get a date set for the FSN shoot?
yup 2nd weekend in febuary is the date we are shooting for so far . and it was a subgun can from AAC that i was lookin at the only ? was the mounting system

skunkape

sweep said:
yup 2nd weekend in febuary is the date we are shooting for so far . and it was a subgun can from AAC that i was lookin at the only ? was the mounting system

I looked at the AAC Defender witch is the only 45 SMG can on AAC's site but the mount isn't going to fit. I know the AAC EVO 9mm can handle FA but I'm not sure about the 45 version. If it can take FA it should work.

MallNinja

UZI Talk Life Member
Between California and Georgia, south of Mississip
Skunkape... The Evo 45 can handle short burts of FA fire. I've seen that done on a 45 version of an MP5 (not H&K made). They are built very strong, but if I were you and looking at doing more than just very short burts and not a lot of them, you might want to look into KAC's 45 can. They fully weld the SS baffels in that can. Or you can contact Doug Melton at SRT Arms. He can custom make anything you want. He charges 80/hour for custom work so my best guess you'd be looking at about 1200 for the can.

Another idea would be to take a can like the M42000/223 can and have it bored out to .45. I dont know if thats possible, but someone like Doug could probably do that. Then again with that you're changing the caliber of a can and it would more-than-likely have to be re-registered by a c2 and on top of the work you'd have to pay an additional 11% for the FET.

Energizer

suppressors are so cheap, its pointless to pay to convert one -- have them make it the size/caliber you need when you place an order...

Energizer

douglasschuckert said:
The problem with .45 suppressors is... they're loud... When they're on pistols, if they're not shot wet, they are not hearing safe. I've only heard one on an SMG, cant remember the model, but it was on a UMP (I think it was Gem-tech), and it two was loud for the first half mag. Just my :2cents

I've never heard of issues with .45 suppressors being unsafe for hearing-- most .45s are subsonic, so I don't see much of an issue with suppression.

I recently shot (not sure which model/brand) a 9mm can, using subsonics, and wasn't too impressed with the suppression. I was supre impressed with the handgun, but I have one similar to it already :). I get better suppression out of my sionics with same ammo, especially with new wipes, but of course, the sionics is made for a high rate of fire, and HUGE.

skunkape

Thanks for the info guys but I'm very happy with my Max-10SD/9mm so I'm not buying a Mac 10/45 and suppressor any time soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter