Max 11/15 no waiting

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
This didn't take long.

GB auction 787206997 Starting price is $4250, buy it now is $5500

BRADLEYBUILT

Seems a bit pricey. Too much over MSRP for me, but if it sells buyer and seller will be happy.

EL DUCE

UZI Talk Supporter
Yep, that didn't take very long. Me, I will patiently wait for my turn.

cjsoccer3

One small place talking about how ticket scalping is illegal and has been. Different product, but yes, really sleazy...

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-ticket-scalping-illegal-in-some-states-of-the-United-States

If someone is doing something in parallel to what’s not lawful elsewhere, they are not conducting their business to a “moral minimum.” Questionably even a legal minimum. For a community that puts premiums on honesty, such as in purchase price with Ruben for NFA items - flipping a Lage upper is in fact sleazy.

Last edited:

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
If some entity bought the entire first run and listed them on Gunbroker then I’d tag that as mercenary and unsavory.
A one-off is to me irrelevant; maybe the buyer just had a change of circumstances or heart. If he was smart enough to jump on the list early and he paid his $3k then whatever he decides to do with it is not my concern.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
He bought it and can do with it what he chooses IMHO. I’m not sure who would pay a 30% premium just to get it sooner but there may be a buyer out there. I’ve waited over a year for NFA items to be approved so why not wait a year for an upper? If it sells for his buy it now price some more people may decide to list theirs and get back on the list for another.

twzadms

So is it sleazy to sell a MAC for over 7K since they were cheaper at one time? Where the supply line crosses the demand line at a given point in time is the price on the open market for a given transaction. If this one sells then the only logical thing to say is that Lage is pricing them too cheap for the first ones released, it is doubtful anyone who wants to be in business for the long run to do that as a bad taste gets left into the mouth of the early adopter. I do not understand why there is conversations about personal freedoms all over gun boards but if someone charges too much for an item due to limited supply or increased demand that is their choice. It is my choice to still not buy from Cheaper than Dirt due to how the pricing changes during panic buying times. That being said I still am not up to my "normal" amount of .22 as almost all of mine was sold off while it was scarce. This could be defined as sleazy, but that would not take into account that I responded to a "want to buy" add offering about a 400% premium on what I paid. Guess what, I said to the buyer then and stand by it now that I thought it was too much, but it got me off what I had. Now there is .22 available. There is not 5.56 MAC uppers currently available so the escalated price paid by a person who has the disposable funds and the desire to not wait can be rational for that person. Always remember just because it is listed at a price, that does mean it will sell, that part comes when a buyer perceives it to be a reasonable value for them given their particular circumstances.

W

Walksalone

Not sure I understand. I feel that while this is a new and exciting product, soon enough there will be one at most shoots. Richard was the first to own one. The beta testers were the first to try them. Everyone else is just someone that got one when anyone could buy one. Never will be first and instead of just passing and letting the next guy move up the list... I think I worked with you before. Always out to get ahead and make a buck without putting forth an effort.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Ya saw that ad in another post yesterday here.

Kinda a amature if you ask me if he really wanted to sell with a profit he'd ask the full 100% profit price, already be in line for two more to flip the same way.

Could buy more transferables like this pretty fast with 3K profit off a few uppers.

It's his he can sell it, have a burn the upper party, use it, safe queen it, or what ever he wants.
He paid for it to do as he wants.

I'll be keeping my my upper when the MAC-10 ones come to market.

Rich

Esox

As long as it is legal, this person is free to do whatever they want with it. We take our [mostly] free market economy in the USA for granted sometimes...would you prefer a law or regulation on retail profiting? Not me. Complaining about actions like this is futile, vote with your wallet and don't buy it if you don't like it.

M10

Meh. I bet it sells.

Sleazy is selling $8/gal gas in a traffic jam, or charging $450 to some poor twat who parked in the wrong spot by mistake. Seizing an opportunity for profit is hardly new. I see it in the new car mkt. almost yearly.

Free market.

M10

Actually surprised someone hasn't hit open bid yet. The seller's one Acheles is, most of us SMG folks have learned to be pretty patient. Were this some cheesy AR upper that took belt-fed 6.5432mm Worstershire ammo, some Arfcom flute would've hit Buy Now already.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter