modded l2a3 paintball marker

Commander bond

Modded L2A3 Sterling paintball marker

This is a current project. Its still ugly ......
A fairly difficult mod. The sterling is a very streamlined gun - my paint marker is not. Even when finished i will still be snipping and paring this down The pistol grip was moved forward about 5".

f9DNpU5.jpg

enBU5r5.jpg

Last edited:

Commander bond

Its zeta mag fed on left side. I need to fabricate or buy a 3d printed magwell.

They also have a paintball 32 shot drum mag (sort of like a MP18)

pmYRZuB.jpg

Last edited:

Commander bond

I am waiting for the 3D printed mag wells / look like this below:

The mag wells are angled and creates the illusion of a curved mag.

sVklEFF.jpg

rwFwRGO.jpg

Last edited:

Starvingboy

... if you have the files, I'll 3d print a magwell for you. The original sterling magwell does not stick straight out of the tube, but is canted forward, just FYI.

Commander bond

I have this young fella in New Zealand who is sending me two mag-wells. He doesn't share the files. There are about 25 us each and close to $50 to ship.

On previous paintball mods I made a pressure/friction fit. The problem with them was the friction was too much and they were too hard to get out. Or they were two loose and they would back off with a blow-back action of paintball marker.

A big problem is making a proper catch to hold the magazine in. I don't have the pay grade to do this - or the proper equipment.

Thank you for offering. I'll give you an update on how everything works.

7XRvOAJ.jpg

Last edited:

Commander bond

Problem is the straight mags only hold 10 shots so auto fire is not practical. A

F1 paintball build that i made has a vertical mag that holds 28 shots.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
This print has your mag well

It's from the E 11 blaster which is a dressed up sterling.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2460290

Also if you search for e 11 blaster 3d print other sites come up like yeddi and scetchfab.

No way would I pay 100 bux for 40 cents worth of PLA

As starving boy mentioned I'd print the file for you if you found a suitable one I use a Prusa MK3S and have prusament galaxy silver and jet black in stock right now.

Oh and all you would pay is the 5 bux shipping I can't see the magwell being more then 2 hrs to print.

Rich

ETA:

you can also pick up a APEX kit for the magwell for 200 bux and it will have all the parts you need then sell off the parts left over .

Starvingboy

.... ish. Mr. Bond isn't looking for a sterling magwell, he's looking for a TipX magwell to use on a Tipman 98 paintball marker. That's a big stack of custom one-off variables.

I agree the price for the custom magwell is higher than I would want to pay, but I also appreciate the time and effort that goes into the design work. It would take me a load of time to have a working prototype magwell. $100 for two would probably be money well spent for me, and I already have most the component parts lying around.

Commander bond

It's a custom part especially the angled one. Previously made my own from aluminum. Difficulty is release catch. Other 3d parts would be appreciated such as trigger/grip frames or front rear sites.

Here's a previous mod: looks good but lots of problems. I decided to redo using the reliable tippmann.

bCKLzFu.jpg

Last edited:

root

UZI Talk Supporter
I found the grip frame with grips or just the grips and the rear site on thingiverse they are free STL files.

If you need those take a look at them and PM me.

Rich

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Possibly I'd just print the part ya need there is just a grip & frame on thingiverse also.

Rich

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Currently have prusa jet black right now.
Printing cost is cheap. shipping pretty much.

I'll be honest I have never made a gun part on the thing I bought it for models so it will be interesting to do to say the least.

Also another option is a direct copy of the part with Meshroom Blender and prusa slicer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmMDFydHeso

Now the video makes it look easy but I have only tried it with photos of the original ALIEN Nostromo
I have over 500 pix of the original screen used model but it's missing the entire right side and bottom so meshroom didn't know how to handle it.

It's a shame the model sits in a office corner jammed up and broken.
The guy that took the pix was not allowed to move it for fear of further damage.
It looks to either had something stored on it or something was jammed up on it crushing it in the corner at one time.

Anyways

If you can get pix of the magwell and run it through meshroom and blender to a OBJ or STL I can print it for you as a one off.
I wouldn't do more since the original coder want's this exclusive and not open source.

Rich

Commander bond

Mag-well works. trigger guard and mag well is temporarily taped in place. Saved a great deal of labor buying this. 82 deg angle.

Trigger needs work. I always have problems with trigger linkage and trigger re-set. It has a long trigger pull because i set pivot too high

It needs a new plastic upper and possibly a right sided cocking handle.

uRhHNf2.jpg

0fYIXTg.jpg

6oV5xNf.jpg

Last edited:

Commander bond

thompsom

Thompson was a similar type build - they are siimilar to Sterling; central grip and magwell (bottom instead of side). The stock even has a similar angle between the two guns.
Lots of things happening at the grip position; magwell, trigger, hpa air source.

Played this on paintball field today. It takes getting use to. Feels boxy and long. Sterling is more confortable.

Here's a photo of a paintball sterling laying over the top of a paintball thompson ...........

cxU1ry5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter