My STG-58

cookie

Founder
Here's my recently completed STG-58, built on an FAC (Dan Coonan Type 1) receiver. It has an Imbel 17.375" para barrel, SAW grip, QD-Pro low profile scope mount, Trijicon Reflex II RX-06 (amber triangle) sight, and a South African National Defence Force R4 sling. The mag is one of the FN 30 rounders that Tapco is selling.

stg-reflex.gif

Overall, this rifle is just a little shorter than a standard AR-15.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
salvo said:
Looking good! Love that SAW grip, where did you get it?
TAPCO also sells the SAW grip. Good looking rifle Cookie, love the optics too. Did you have to refinish the 30 rounder or did you get a good one right off the bat?

cookie

Founder
Thanks. I bought the grip from a guy on FAL Files before Tapco started selling them. The mag was refinished with Brownell's Teflon/Moly Oven Cure. It gave me a chance to try out the $24.95 air brush I bought on eBay.

cookie

Founder
kanewtervalve said:
...love the optics too...

The Reflex II is a great sight, but the cheek weld is just too high on this rifle. It's a little better with the Steyr stock as opposed to a Belgian-style (humpback), but I'm going back to plain iron sights on this one.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
cookie said:
The Reflex II is a great sight, but the cheek weld is just too high on this rifle. It's a little better with the Steyr stock as opposed to a Belgian-style (humpback), but I'm going back to plain iron sights on this one.
You sound like me, always changing the accessories every other day, I have a Mini-14 that I've shot 20 rounds through that has more accessories than Clinton has interns. :buttkick

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
STANAG...

cookie...
I gave up on the ARMS & similar dustcover/mounts. Try the Argentine or Belgian STANAGs w/ a Hensoldt or Steiner BDC STANAG scope instead. That's how I've got my 50.63 setup & it WORKS!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter