New Member Nick From San Diego

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Welcome! The AK is fed by detachable Magazines; the typical capacity is 30 rounds.

I spent some time in San Diego back in 1991 while in the Military.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
How much ammo does an ak-47 hold..

To be clear, California has many firearms laws. I would suggest that you go to calguns.net to get the information you need for such a firearm in California. I sincerely wish to luck with your interest in an AK. 10 round detachable magazines are commercially available. As previously posted, standard capacity is 30 rounds, 40 rounds were made for the RPK model. There are also two styles of 75 round drums (top loading and back loading) and 100 round back loading drums. The AK-47 is in 7.62x39. The capacity of the mags I listed are for that caliber.

Scott

root

UZI Talk Supporter
My ak doesn't hold any ammo i got the economy model with no hands.

Welcome to UT

A&S answered pretty good and complete .

Not sure what compliance laws kali has but they do have a bunch.

Deerhurst

My ak doesn't hold any ammo i got the economy model with no hands.

Welcome to UT

A&S answered pretty good and complete .

Not sure what compliance laws kali has but they do have a bunch.

Well, technically it holds one round. In the chamber. So, an AK of any flavor holds 1 round. The magazine holds the rest.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Well, technically it holds one round. In the chamber. So, an AK of any flavor holds 1 round. The magazine holds the rest.

If you want to be "technical " it is my understanding that California only allows 10 round detachable magazines. To use a magazine of a higher capacity a mag catch requiring a tool to remove (bullet button) is required. There were State limitations on magazine capacity. That was struck down for a brief time. There are specific tools for loading installed magazines. So if the magazine is mounted then the magazine that is attached would be the capacity of the rifle.

This is information from several years ago and could be outdated. Original Poster, as previously posted, I would check with calguns.net for current specifics.

Scott

Deerhurst

If you want to be "technical " it is my understanding that California only allows 10 round detachable magazines. To use a magazine of a higher capacity a mag catch requiring a tool to remove (bullet button) is required. There were State limitations on magazine capacity. That was struck down for a brief time. There are specific tools for loading installed magazines. So if the magazine is mounted then the magazine that is attached would be the capacity of the rifle.

This is information from several years ago and could be outdated. Original Poster, as previously posted, I would check with calguns.net for current specifics.

Scott

That info is outdated busy basically true. There were recently a few other avenues for featureless and complying with illegal registries. I live near there and used to live in Califruitopia.

Still, magazine holds ammo. AK only holds one round. It's a completely functional system without magazine.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter