Pics of Bolt wear

davep32618

UZI Talk Supporter
All,

Could someone please post pics of a FA bolt and show me if you have any "normal" wear on the top of the bolt. Mine seems to have to wear marks from the top cover and I want to know if it is normal.

Thanks,

Dave

carryaglock

FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Here are a couple showing the bolt and inside of top cover from my IMI Mini, I use graphite for lube.

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

UZI SBR AWC

2 shiney lines wearing through the park on top of the bolt is normal. The does move around in the frame from the clearances needed to allow the bolt to travel.

Dribble a couple drops of synthetic motor oil on the lines and forget about it.

davep32618

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks, just checking, mine looks identical to the pics posted. My B&G bolt was NIB in a model B, so now that I have a few k down range, I just wanted to be sure.

Orion

On my bolt, one line is worn morer than the other. Does that mean my world has ended? Really....is that something of concern?

FlashBackNAM

Rock and Roll means rattle Rattle RATTLE

Orion said:
On my bolt, one line is worn morer than the other. Does that mean my world has ended? Really....is that something of concern?

No probs .. bolt is Supposed to be wiglewobbly and you will see linear wear on the sides bottom and top.

Pop the top and take a good look Ther is NO such thing as a tight clearance in a UZI.. meant to run in the sand..

Check it at cleaning though for Burs that may slow the fire rate though.. a piece of crud a sliver of a case a bit of flotsam can cause a gouge or burr in the topcover..just smooth it when found..

Years ago I went so far as having the parts Teflon coated.. no change in function was found either.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter