Practical Solutions Uzi-style folding stock

Slowmo

I'm looking at one of these for my M11 .380.

Does anyone have one of these? If so, how do you like it?

On the standard model where it folds on the right side and the buttpad sits under the gun, it looks like the buttpad is a bit offset from the centerline/bore axis of the gun when the stock is unfolded (I guess a Micro/Mini Uzi is the same way). Does that feel weird or result in a tendency for the gun to pull right or left? It looks like maybe that could be counteracted by going with the "Sits away from upper" option that bumps the buttplate to the right when fold (left when unfolded), but that seems like it would be more in the way and make the gun harder to store in a case.

I'm also thinking about the Lage K stock, but the PS Uzi stock looks like such a natural fit on these guns, especially with the Ghost uppers. Almost looks like it could have left that factory that way.

PS stock sits away , 3/4" longer with sling receiver like the M10 stock has , with milled slots in the two receiver rails . Works with PS front hand grip or Lage stuff .

Slowmo

PS stock sits away , 3/4" longer with sling receiver like the M10 stock has , with milled slots in the two receiver rails . Works with PS front hand grip or Lage stuff .
Do you like it? Did you have PS make it with the milled slots or modify it? Does it wobble around using the MAC OEM stock release mechanism to hold it on?

root

UZI Talk Supporter
I have one on my M10

Love it
Folded on the M10 the butt pad sits right on the takedown pin saving the finish on the gun it's self.
Only time I don't use it is with the Lage 10/15 upper.
The gun is super front heavy due to the weightless uzi folder.
It's great on all the other uppers even ok on the 10/31 upper.

It locks solid to the lower with stock plate and there is no way to get it off without losing the stock plate screw.
I've run it with a single point sling and the two stage can and it never moved.

I would highly recommend one for any Mac series gun.

Yes Sam made it , He milled the receiver rails a hair small and i hand fitted the final amount .Functions great , you can still use the lock block and screw if you wish to . You need it to sit away on the longer lage items to fold correctly .

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
I have one for my 11/9. It came with it and the lock up was sloppy to the point that it would sometimes fold while shooting with it. I put a rubber washer with a cut in the side under it and that helped a lot but it still wasn't great so I welded up the notches and recut them. Now it's rock solid. The lock up into the receiver was a little loose on mine so I put a thin patch of foam rubber on the face plate that has to be compressed when you put the stock into the receiver. I've tried it on my M11 which it fits but because the gun is shorter than the M11/9 it does go further forward when folded.

I like the Uzi style because it folds away so well that it's like it's almost not there. You can use the butt plate as a forward grip if you are careful about it with a little side force. I like it so much that I got one for my M10. That one locks pretty well but there is a little movement. I had to do the same thing with the rubber patch for receiver fit. It sure beats the factory abomination!!!!

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
I bought one of their Baby Ghost uppers when I got the CFW bolt for the M11/380, put CZ Scorpion sights on it, and I bought their UZI-style folding stock to complete the package. It's a fantastic combo.

I have a similar setup on an M11/9 too.

LawBob

I have one but the dimensions were off and I never adjusted it. Bc I have a lage k folder

Slowmo

I have one for my 11/9. It came with it and the lock up was sloppy to the point that it would sometimes fold while shooting with it. I put a rubber washer with a cut in the side under it and that helped a lot but it still wasn't great so I welded up the notches and recut them. Now it's rock solid. The lock up into the receiver was a little loose on mine so I put a thin patch of foam rubber on the face plate that has to be compressed when you put the stock into the receiver. I've tried it on my M11 which it fits but because the gun is shorter than the M11/9 it does go further forward when folded.

I like the Uzi style because it folds away so well that it's like it's almost not there. You can use the butt plate as a forward grip if you are careful about it with a little side force. I like it so much that I got one for my M10. That one locks pretty well but there is a little movement. I had to do the same thing with the rubber patch for receiver fit. It sure beats the factory abomination!!!!

Thanks for the information.

Were yours the version that use a screw and plate to secure the stock or do they rely on the OEM stock securing/retracting mechanism to hold them in place?

Slowmo

I bought one of their Baby Ghost uppers when I got the CFW bolt for the M11/380, put CZ Scorpion sights on it, and I bought their UZI-style folding stock to complete the package. It's a fantastic combo.

I have a similar setup on an M11/9 too.
That's more or less the same package I am working towards. I've got a CFW-a bolt and Baby Ghost. I've also got some iron sights that are very similar to the CZ Scorpion sights (Occam sights), but I'm not sure if I would use those or just stick a red dot on it. I'm generally a big fan of iron sights, but for some reason, this package sort of begs for a red dot in my mind. Maybe because it has such a short sight radius.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks for the information.

Were yours the version that use a screw and plate to secure the stock or do they rely on the OEM stock securing/retracting mechanism to hold them in place?
Mine uses the factory push button release.

ccosby

Run one on my 380 gun and like it.
FBiAPb.jpg

I also have one somewhere for my m11/9. I actually don't care for it with that gun as its too long(Sam offered it short or longer to work with the sk upper and I choose the longer).

Slowmo

Run one on my 380 gun and like it.
FBiAPb.jpg

I also have one somewhere for my m11/9. I actually don't care for it with that gun as its too long(Sam offered it short or longer to work with the sk upper and I choose the longer).
Love the Tiffany blue. Just out of curiosity, how do you like the MRO optic height with that setup?

ccosby

Love the Tiffany blue. Just out of curiosity, how do you like the MRO optic height with that setup?
The entire setup works well. I did have to weld the front grip mount onto the upper though to fit a 3 lug over the barrel for the can. I should have gone with the shark fin cocking handle as well. That one likes to spin loose as soon as the thread locker breaks down. The only thing I'd change with the MRO is going with a red dot one as that one is green.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter