RTG buffer, no more dented brass

utahhandyman

I just received mt RTG Valmet buffer the other day, took it out to play today. NO MORE DENTED BRASS. I reload and it saves a crap load of money not trashing my brass. This buffer is made to slide on smooth covers and the Galil has a formed ridge that you can either force the buffer over, or cut a slot,:eek:verkill which I did. Its only a cover any way, and the brass is more important. I am going to order another cover just to have a whole one for storage. 60 rounds and not a single dent. I'll post pics later this week.

scott

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
That is wonderful news utahhandyman!!!!

I just ordered a few of them on Saturday :lol praying they were gonna work so its good to hear my money was not spent in vain.

I hate gun shows but happened to go to one early Saturday morning and one table had a Valmet FA with port buffer. I had never seen one of these port buffers before and knowing the familial relationship with the two guns I immediately offered the guy to buy it off the gun. He refused but told me to check GB where I noticed one for $100.00 then with a bit more snooping I found that Robert had them.

Ahhhh my IMI and LC brass are very happy now. :) I have also heard that the buffer will pile the brass up pretty neatly. Is that the case? (no pun intended)

Please post photos of your mod.

utahhandyman

My extractor is pretty strong and holds onto the brass for a while. It ripped a piece of rubber hose that what glued on. And dented the brass throgh the edge guard fix. Unfortunately it still throughs the brass 10 feet, but undented.

DrGolani

Pictures? I'd like to see some up-close ones....just for one reason...I want to rip off the design! $45 seems a bit high for a chunk of urethane.

eyegun

valmetbuffer1.jpg

cuate

Valmet Buffer

Could you please post a pic with it attached to the Galil/Golani ? The photos of the bufferalone don't show how its attached..

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
DrGolani said:
Pictures? I'd like to see some up-close ones....just for one reason...I want to rip off the design! $45 seems a bit high for a chunk of urethane.
$45.00 to save good quality brass is not a whole lot these days considering that in the long term brass is not getting any cheaper. If you are just at the range shooting from a static position making sure you get the most out of each and every case is responsible to the environment and to the shooting community at large. Even if you don't reload giving those cases away or selling them at a reduced rate helps in some small way to put some downward pressure on the overall market.

Last edited:

wyominglarry

I tried the Valmet buffer. I could not get it to clip onto the Galil cover. It works only on smooth covers, and the Galil has a ledge. I can get it on my AK without problem, but not the Galil.

I also tried the rubber car door strip and it just fell off. I do not want to glue or cut my cover, so if someone has pictures to show me how they attach either of these two items I will just keep the Galil in the safe.

I reload and I do not want my brass destroyed.

DrGolani

Sayeret Shaldag said:
$45.00 to save good quality brass is not a whole lot these days considering that in the long term brass is not getting any cheaper. If you are just at the range shooting from a static position making sure you get the most out of each and every case is responsible to the environment and to the shooting community at large. Even if you don't reload giving those cases away or selling them at a reduced rate helps in some small way to put some downward pressure on the overall market.
Sure. But another $45 when the wife says I spend too much on ALL my hobbies is a tough one. I develop, modify, create all sorts of stuff here in the lab for our research. If I could see one of those things mounted on the rifle I bet I could make one out of urethane.

RM308

Originally Posted by DrGolani

I develop, modify, create all sorts of stuff here in the lab for our research. If I could see one of those things mounted on the rifle I bet I could make one out of urethane.

So Doc,

While you're in your lab, what you need to invent (imo) is a buffer that fits the Galil topcover with no mods. When you get to that point, I will be glad to be a "beta tester" for you. If you can develop one that works, I think you'd have a great product for sale. Just remember that $45 is too much.

Thanks
RM308

DrGolani

RM308 said:
So Doc,

While you're in your lab, what you need to invent (imo) is a buffer that fits the Galil topcover with no mods. When you get to that point, I will be glad to be a "beta tester" for you. If you can develop one that works, I think you'd have a great product for sale. Just remember that $45 is too much.

Thanks
RM308
Thats the idea. I'd like to see it off the gun at a few angles and on the gun. If I can figure this one out maybe I can make them available...? I just can't spend anymore $$$ on this hobby at this time, it's MX & Jeepin' season...the wife :female gives me a pretty good leash, but I got to limit myself or :hung

utahhandyman

here are some pics

Attachments

• rtg buffer galil 001 (Small).jpg
    rtg buffer galil 001 (Small).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 731
  • rtg buffer galil 002 (Small).jpg
    rtg buffer galil 002 (Small).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 705
  • rtg buffer galil 003 (Small).jpg
    rtg buffer galil 003 (Small).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 703

utahhandyman

and more

Attachments

• rtg buffer galil 004 (Small).jpg
    rtg buffer galil 004 (Small).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 689
  • rtg buffer galil 005 (Small).jpg
    rtg buffer galil 005 (Small).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 909
  • rtg buffer galil 006 (Small).jpg
    rtg buffer galil 006 (Small).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 694
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter