Semi auto UZI Trigger Questions

BARgunner

I'm building a semi auto UZI SBR and I'm not sure what this one part is. I've seen some hazy pictures that show it assembled in a UZI trigger assembly but I can't figure out what it does or where exactly it goes. I'm using a full auto trigger group modified for semi auto only with a block welded in to prevent the selector from going to FA. I believe the piece goes on the left side of the trigger pin but because of the selector bar configuration there isn't any clearance for the part to fit. With the trigger assembled without the part, I can cock the rifle and it releases the striker and functions correctly on resetting the striker. Maybe I don't need this part or its for some other trigger assembly configuration. Pictures of the part in question along with my assembled trigger and the bolt and striker assembly I'm using.

Attachments

• DSCN4536.JPG
    DSCN4536.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN4524.JPG
    DSCN4524.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN4526.JPG
    DSCN4526.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 5

BARgunner

There is a good description of it on the technical part of the home page but it didn't mention it was for FA only. I appreciate the answer.
Thanks!

BARgunner

I forgot to mention that I have two complete FA trigger assemblies and neither of them have that bolt safety in them, which is why I thought it might be something to do with a semi build.

cvasqu03

UZI Talk Supporter
I forgot to mention that I have two complete FA trigger assemblies and neither of them have that bolt safety in them, which is why I thought it might be something to do with a semi build.
Only the German variants had it. I don't know if it's exactly known why, but it might have had to do with some specific one in a thousand incident that may have happened with an FA that wouldn't have happened if there was a bolt safety. I don't think any other countries ever bothered to include this. The group that this came from has DES markings and an extra open channel on the grip on the opposite end of where the safety channel is right? That's the tell-tale feature.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
It's know as the type 2 uzi
You'll see some parts kit sold as type 2 that means it has that safety and is german

German solder jumped out of the back of a mil truck hit the ground and the uzi slam fired.
IMI corrected it ( added the bolt stop) at the request of the german army.

It's in Rover Dave's UZI book.
Grab the book it's fantastic and since it's in print inexpensive.

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Interesting. I have a DES grip that I have plans for but currently don't use that has that. I assumed that it had something to do with the stop dog on the model B.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter