Shooting Lage Max31 M11A1 video

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons shows himself shooting an M11A1 with Max-31 upper at some steel targets. This is a course of fire that he has done often with many different firearms so he has a bit of reference data to compare this arm to others. The course of fire is not particularly suitable to full auto, which he notes, but it is still interesting to watch if you have six minutes to spare. He says that he will go back and shoot the same course on semi-auto in the next video.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/pcc-course-lage-max31a-mk2-submachine-gun/

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Either he didn’t have his red dot sighted in very good, or he hasn’t shot that weapon much. I find it hard to believe he was that bad of a shot. Getting the on-off trigger “pull” of shooting a Mac subgun takes some practice to be proficient. Not a very good example in my opinion. An experienced subgun shooter would do Much better (IMO)...

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Either he didn’t have his red dot sighted in very good, or he hasn’t shot that weapon much. I find it hard to believe he was that bad of a shot. Getting the on-off trigger “pull” of shooting a Mac subgun takes some practice to be proficient. Not a very good example in my opinion. An experienced subgun shooter would do Much better (IMO)...

Agree - the regulars at the subgun shoots I attend would all have cleared that course much faster!

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I found all m11a1 uppers to be jumpy, 15 yard guns. My max 10/31 is great. My m11k was no where near as nice. I sold all my baby mac uppers. Only kept my grey ghost and cfwa bolt. It’s still pretty much a 15 yard gun but it’s just too cool to sell

I’d rather shoot a sten than a max31-11a in a competition

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
I put a buffer in my Max 31a because I thought in stock form it was a little too slow. I still pull mostly singles in competition. I guess it’s just what you get used to. A Magpul stock with a k-grip. Runs like a sewing machine.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Apparently he doesn't know the difference between a MAC 11 and a SWD M11A1. Disappointed for someone of his gun knowledge to make the comparison he did against the PCC match. Does this guy not know what a sub gun match is?

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Ian is a crappy shooter when you compare his times side by side to others in the same video (his buddy shooting in past videos and on Inrange30) He hasn’t seemed to get better at all over the years.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
To be fair, he shoots different guns almost all the time and clearly isn’t practiced.. but yes no excuses for the nomenclature errors. That, he does do every day and should have gotten that right!

Hill Raiser

That second course was pretty cool.

What’s the purpose of the throwing tasks in the first courses ?

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
That's kinda a sore subject for Richard. :bang

I hope they include throwing knives and axes for the next one.

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
That's kinda a sore subject for Richard. :bang

I hope they include throwing knives and axes for the next one.

You got that right! In my opinion, Subgun matches should use sub machine gun shooting skills. It sucks when half of your shooting time involves dragging a dummy. I did well though 🙂

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Ian has a great Channel, but, IMHO, he's a terrible shooter

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
He often says that he's not the best shooter. He knows a little about a lot of firearms including some really odd ones.

I started this post to let you see a short video of someone shooting an M11A1 with a Max-31 upper in a better quality filming and editing. Most YouYube videos suck for cinematography and editing.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
IDK how much knowledge he actually retains, but his vids are certainly educational. I freely admit I'm overly critical of people's shooting skills.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Tough crowd in here apparently.

Absolutely, but a big part of that is because of the machinegun market. I would think that most would agree, the best shooters tend to be younger with better eyesight and physical condition. How many 25-45 have $20,000.00 cash for a M16 RR conversion? Or even $30,000.00 plus for a HK sear and a host gun? There are some, but not many. A Mac style RR and Lage upper/stock combination, that is capable of winning any major subgun match, can be had for less than $10,000.00. That is still a pretty steep admission charge, but half to a third of another modern style subgun. So Mac style RR owners tend to be younger. Especially those that are interested in competition. Since this seems to be the premier site for full auto Mac style RR owners, there tends to be an experienced membership here. That, IMHO, tends to make the membership a very tough crowd when discussing pistol caliber competition. Just my opinion.

Scott

Hill Raiser

You got that right! In my opinion, Subgun matches should use sub machine gun shooting skills. It sucks when half of your shooting time involves dragging a dummy. I did well though 🙂

Ha...sorry to poke the bear. That second course was straight mowing them down. Impressive

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter