Speaking of Micros and insane prices...

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
You'd think nothing would shock me nowadays when prices are insane, but this one did take my breath away momentarily. The sad part is I see that if I hadn't bought mine years ago, there's ZERO way I could afford one now.
Maybe this is a one off, crazy ego driven bidding war event? Maybe...?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/926442048

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Well, I seem to recall Dealernfa got considerably more for one last year (34K?).
I didn’t think it was a particularly great example, or I
would have been more aggressive bidding on it…
I do think these are the best nfa uzi SMG.

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member
So what would a GREAT micro uzi bring? Not a modified Action arms pistol, but a legit IMI built Micro UZi w/ original sights, cocking lever, swivel on front sight, proper barrel, factory attached stock, grips & markings. To be a transferable, I think for all that it would have to be a registered (closed) bolt. I think that is every box to tick.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Not a modified Action arms pistol, but a legit IMI built Micro UZi

Not so much. It would have to be either a pre or post '86 dealer's sample so the market is considerably smaller.
I didn't see the 34K one that Ruben sold...
I think that this all boils down to the old saw that there will always be people with more money than sense. I freely admit that I harbor some resentment towards the wealthy NFA "investor" when I see them turn a fun hobby into a strictly rich man's game. If I was filthy rich I might feel differently, but I'm not. While some may criticize my position on a number of levels, I really don't care. I suspect others may feel likewise, but are hesitant to admit it publicly.

Uncle Billy

yeah well, it wasn't that LONG ago you could buy a Romanian AK for under 400 bucks.........take a gander what they are going for now, 1K+

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member
Not so much. It would have to be either a pre or post '86 dealer's sample so the market is considerably smaller.
I didn't see the 34K one that Ruben sold...
I think that this all boils down to the old saw that there will always be people with more money than sense. I freely admit that I harbor some resentment towards the wealthy NFA "investor" when I see them turn a fun hobby into a strictly rich man's game. If I was filthy rich I might feel differently, but I'm not. While some may criticize my position on a number of levels, I really don't care. I suspect others may feel likewise, but are hesitant to admit it publicly.

I’ve seen an imported European police micro Uzi, it was a semi automatic converted from a micro uzi. ‘A’ ground out with divet left behind. ‘Pistol’ stamped in front of proper ‘Micro Uzi’ designation. Sights, cocking handle, etc all from a micro. Even the bolt from a micro Uzi with full face. I think that gun was remarked, blocking bar removed and paired with a registered bolt.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve seen an imported European police micro Uzi, it was a semi automatic converted from a micro uzi
That may well be, but it could NOT be legally transferred to an individual. ATF's position has pretty much always been, "once a machine gun always a machine gun". You cannot import a machine gun to an individual after the GCA '68.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I think the price are justifiable

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion. I was just stating mine. The prices might triple by the end of the year. But you're never going to convince me that it's a GOOD thing for the hobby or NFA ownership in general. That was my point. Not whether there was some free market "justification". I'm not interested in debating economic theory. My interests are purely altruistic in nature.
I do appreciate your input. I am curious as to how long you've been interested/active in the NFA world? There seems to be a divergence of thought between veterans and relative newcomers....

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I do think these are the best nfa uzi SMG.

Wow...really?

The Micro was my least favorite. I had a RR Micro and sold it several years ago. Mine was all factory correct with the proper sights, remarked etc...only thing I didn't have done was the bayo lug welded on.
I had it in open and closed bolt. Open bolt was never a factory thing for the Micro so left it in closed bolt 9mm which is crazy fast and really the Mini UZI and Micro UZI closed bolt assemblies are the same minus the Micro having the notch cut for the cocking lug so you get the same cyclic rate in the Mini as Micro for closed bolt. So if I ever miss the 1700 RPM cyclic rate I can always drop the closed bolt assembly into my Mini.

Caliber conversion are basically non existent on the Micro. You have them in 9mm and .45ACP and I don't think IMI ever made them in full auto .45 and even when they did do .45ACP they reinforced the rear of the receiver to handle the load.

The frame is so flimsy on the MIcro. I swear mine would flex in full auto suppressed. In semi it was fine unsuppressed but full auto it was bad.

I had a custom 22LR kit for mine and it was always iffy. I probably would have kept it if I had that 22LR running 100%.

For just 9mm, Mini is my favorite with the heavy bolt as I can still pull singles in full auto and as mentioned I can always go to the same insane cyclic rate as the Micro if I want to. I also have the 22LR bolt I used in the Micro that I use in the Mini and it works better in that than the Micro.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Wow...really? The Micro was my least favorite.

Funny, I wanted to post the exact same thing! But I figured I didn't start this thread to trash the Micro...after all I own one. LOL But it's never been much fun to shoot. Much more of a wow and cool factor.
I keep mine in open bolt configuration. I've shot it in closed bolt and it's way too fast for my tastes. I do have a 3-lug bbl. and I run it with a Trident-9. It's definitely more fun and controllable suppressed.
I concur with Amphibian in that the Mini is by FAR my fave. Sadly I have NO caliber conversions for either. I often post that I'm still looking for a heavy bolt or any caliber conversions for my Mini...but years later I've still yet to find one. Yeah...that's a pitch in case anyone can help? ;-)

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Im like Matt, it's my favorite fun gun.
Such a rush.
Ive had 3 different ones over the years.

Dont think that GB price was a fluke. It was only missing the sling swivel, marking and cocking handle and it was a RR!
A nice MP5K is 50k for comparison!

Jack,
I think you can get into a bolt gun for 16k or so.
Do some research on who will chop a full size bolt and put one together for you.
Maybe Andrewski or I may know a guy to check with.
Message me if you get serious and want some help.
Bill

Last edited:

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Micro is just my favorite uzi
Imho, Full < mini < micro
I totally understand why others would order differently.

Agree - it is not good for the hobby to see
prices go up so much (esp. so for common entry level guns (eg MACs) & ammo….
I do think when all transferables are c&r
in a few years should be a renaissance unless prices are totally bonkers by then

atxtj

I’ve seen an imported European police micro Uzi, it was a semi automatic converted from a micro uzi. ‘A’ ground out with divet left behind. ‘Pistol’ stamped in front of proper ‘Micro Uzi’ designation. Sights, cocking handle, etc all from a micro. Even the bolt from a micro Uzi with full face. I think that gun was remarked, blocking bar removed and paired with a registered bolt.

I have one of these that I bought as a pistol and registered as an SBR, they were built as semi autos and as such were imported as semi auto pistols. It was carried heavily and shot very little, so it has a great patina. It's one of my favorite firearms, and as I recall very few were imported. I've seen two others pop up on GB as SBRs and both sold for around 5k.

sig-x

I’m not surprised. Take a look at higher end watch and car prices. The dollar is becoming worthless.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I think you can get into a bolt gun for 16k or so

Not sure I follow? I have a Fleming RR Sear IMI Mini. What I'm looking for is a heavy bolt and any caliber conversions, like .45ACP.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Not sure I follow? I have a Fleming RR Sear IMI Mini. What I'm looking for is a heavy bolt and any caliber conversions, like .45ACP.

+1, I also have a Fleming sear Mini. I have the BarrelXchange 9mm/40SW heavy bolt. Also have the .40SW BarrelXchange barrel but I don't think I've even used it.
Also have it in 22LR. Don't really want to mess with .45 in my Mini...will leave that to the full size.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter

If you purchase a registered full size bolt, have it chopped down into micro configuration, purchase a pistol and required parts, you could have it put together as a registered Micro bolt gun.
I thought your intension was to have a micro and the cost at 26k was prohibitive.
Just trying to help!!

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter