Subgun Ordnance .22LR conversion kit for sale on GB

Hassayamper

There's a .22LR conversion kit that just came up for sale on GunJoker today. It is for the regular select-fire Uzi SMG, not the semi-auto versions.

The price is stupid high, but it is one of the Subgun Ordnance kits, which is generally accepted to be the best of all such packages.

If you really must have one of these no matter the price, here you go:

delta-10

A couple summers ago I bought a Group Industries MP5 box & host from those guys on behalf of a customer of ours. CC Armory priced it very favorably and I got a nice finders fee for my help. I don't know what they are thinking this go around.
I picked up a Vector 22 kit earlier this week. I originally got one of those Subgun Ordnance kits with the Black Dog mags in 2012 when I got my 1st Uzi. I went to a little get together & 22 shoot at my range and the guys helped me get my kit dialed in. Once I got introduced to the metal Vector 22LR uzi mags I never used the plastic ones again. Those guys told me then at this still holds true today that if I run across any of those magazines priced less than $150 each I should buy every one they have. That still holds true today. I bought a vector kit off of this board two or three years ago just because it came with a bunch of metal mags. The kit I bought earlier this week had a couple but wasn't nearly the deal of that first kit.
I've got a couple of full size guns now so wanted to make sure I had a kit for each one of them.

SecondAmend

FWIW, it appears that Black Dog Machine 30 round, plastic Uzi .22 mags are "Currently Out O Stock".

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

Hassayamper

A couple summers ago I bought a Group Industries MP5 box & host from those guys on behalf of a customer of ours. CC Armory priced it very favorably and I got a nice finders fee for my help. I don't know what they are thinking this go around.
I picked up a Vector 22 kit earlier this week. I originally got one of those Subgun Ordnance kits with the Black Dog mags in 2012 when I got my 1st Uzi. I went to a little get together & 22 shoot at my range and the guys helped me get my kit dialed in. Once I got introduced to the metal Vector 22LR uzi mags I never used the plastic ones again. Those guys told me then at this still holds true today that if I run across any of those magazines priced less than $150 each I should buy every one they have. That still holds true today. I bought a vector kit off of this board two or three years ago just because it came with a bunch of metal mags. The kit I bought earlier this week had a couple but wasn't nearly the deal of that first kit.
I've got a couple of full size guns now so wanted to make sure I had a kit for each one of them.

I have a dozen of the metal Group/Vector magazines for my Vector .22 kit. About two thirds of them work without a hitch. A couple of others work but are prone to jams, and one or two are useless. I also have 4 of the plastic Black Dogs, and they all work flawlessly. They are cheap to the point of being disposable, and I'm thinking of buying a lot more.

Hassayamper

Yikes 2k ...... and that's to start.

Won't be saving any money shooting 22 with that setup.
I will pay for my $1500 Vector conversion kit in about 7 years, according to the spreadsheet I ran. It was going to be much quicker but then I had to get an Uzi gunsmith involved.

Hassayamper

I have read that the IWI .22 magazines, the ones with the distinctively curved and notched metal feed lips, can be modified to work with a Vector full auto .22 conversion kit. Has anyone here done this? If it's a quick and easy fix that I can do at home with a Dremel and other hand tools, I'd be interested. If not, I will probably sell them. I bought several of them while I was waiting for my SMG to get out of Form 4 jail, not realizing at the time that they don't work out of the box with the Vector apparatus.

Garrett

I have a dozen of the metal Group/Vector magazines for my Vector .22 kit. About two thirds of them work without a hitch. A couple of others work but are prone to jams, and one or two are useless. I also have 4 of the plastic Black Dogs, and they all work flawlessly. They are cheap to the point of being disposable, and I'm thinking of buying a lot more.
The 20-round Vector mags run great for me. I have a couple 28-round Vector mags that won't feed anything. I've read that Vector had two different versions of the 28-round mag, and one of them didn't work very well. That's apparently what I got.

I've generally had good luck with the Black Dog mags. My biggest issue seems to come from ammo. The stuff the kit likes runs great, and the stuff it doesn't like won't run at all.

Dirk Hawthorne

If you shoot say 300 rounds of 9mm ammo per trip to the range, then that $2000 kit would take say 40 trips to the range to pay off

If you use the cost savings of shooting 22 vs 9mm

seems like a lot

I had one of the vector kits with the metal mags. NOTHING would make that effing POS run in my FA UZI.

I have shot 22 full auto with an FA 10.22 and it is a hoot.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
When 22 bricks were 8.95 for 550 a 22 kit or 22 gun of some sort was pretty cheap to shoot.
Now 22 isn't very cheap.

I pay on the average of 7.99 to 9.99 for CCI subs in the 100 pack sleeves.
Only reason I buy that now over the wally world 55 per 550 bulk is,I've found it to be real reliable and it cycles all my guns with or without the the 22 can. Unlike the hit or miss bulk stuff.
I had one of the IMI 22 kits with the barrel insert that was 400 bux sold it when I got the M10 flemming kit for 600.
Even those are stupid priced now.

Reason for selling was mags were super hard to get at the time.
The flemming takes 10/22 mags. And runs like a singer sewing machine.

Garrett

I was trying out some ammo in the Vector kit recently. Federal bulk pack used to run pretty well. They changed something 6 or 7 years ago, and now not so much. Just about any rimfire I've tried from Federal is crap these days. CCI is good stuff, although I get occasional failures from Blazer. Aguila SE won't even cycle the bolt.

I had best results from the cheap stuff. Rem Thuderbolts, Rem Golden Bullets, and Herters.

SecondAmend

Hoping for another run!
Last spring/summer over a couple month period, Materialized Arms (MA, which I believe might be characterized as a re-incarnation of Vector) sold several new production Vector-ish full size Uzi .22 conversion kits (that included one BDM magazine, and the barrels were threaded, unlike old Vector barrels that were unthreaded) on Gunbroker. IIRC, the MA kits went for $1250+. I've forgotten MA's screen name, but I believe they visit/post here occasionally. I speculate that the absence of magazines might have led to MA discontinuing conversion sales. And FWIW, the Christie's Uzi .22 mag loader that used to be in the Subgun Ordnance kit also appears to have been discontinued, though a Ruger 10/22 push type mag loader can easily be made to work on the Uzi .22 mags by installing a U-shaped insert.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

Roaster72

UZI Talk Supporter
The 20-round Vector mags run great for me. I have a couple 28-round Vector mags that won't feed anything. I've read that Vector had two different versions of the 28-round mag, and one of them didn't work very well. That's apparently what I got.

I've generally had good luck with the Black Dog mags. My biggest issue seems to come from ammo. The stuff the kit likes runs great, and the stuff it doesn't like won't run at all.
I have four 28s and a 20. The 28s are lined with plastic inserts and if clean and lubed with dry silicone they work flawlessly. The 20 has aluminum inserts instead of plastic and it works poorly. The follower binds up on the the aluminum and it stops feeding. I don't know exactly how they transitioned whether it was from aluminum to plastic or vice versa.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
For reference, I just sold my Vector 22lr kit on Sturm. Bolt, spring, barrel, 2 extractors, 3 black dog mags and 6 metal mags for 1750.00.
Not sure if it would run or not. Never messed with it.

TSPC

UZI Talk Supporter
Does the Subgun Ordnance 22 kit work with the trunnion and barrel band from IMI SA to FA converted receivers or is designed for full auto spec receivers?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter