Suomi Mag loader/ Lula Loader?

scottMO

A while back, someone made a 3D printed adapter for the UpLULA loader to use with the Z mags-s. Then he posted the link here online? Anyone remember?

10mmlover

I've been using this one with success. Lage also has a good metal version of it that's probably a little easier to load with.

There's also this one from the guy on here I believe that made the suomi drum loading stand.

Deerhurst

Whoa, you use my loader from thingiverse? Awesome to hear Im not the only one with one of those in the range bag!

Suzuki1750

A while back, someone made a 3D printed adapter for the UpLULA loader to use with the Z mags-s. Then he posted the link here online? Anyone remember?

alexmg2420

Oh man, that's your design? You rock! I printed one and modified it to use with Sten magazines that I converted to work with the Max-31 (scalloped out the sides so it wouldn't hit the Sten overinsertion stops). You're truly a life saver! Or a thumb saver at least.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I suggest the Lage one. It's about the price of a donor maglula and will last 5 lifetimes.

Last edited:

Doobis

I've been using this one with success. Lage also has a good metal version of it that's probably a little easier to load with.

There's also this one from the guy on here I believe that made the suomi drum loading stand.

I just made an updated version.

The main difference is I left the tooth that pushes the rounds down hollow. I filled the void with liquid acraglas to provide more strength and longevity.

I suggest the Lage one. It's about the price of a donor maglula and will last 5 lifetimes.
Its hard to go wrong with anything from Lage.

GunsCarsPlanes

Does anyone know if a Suomi drum mag loader exists? I see all of the stick mag loaders, I realize the drum mags are just akward for a mag loader used for sticks but eh I thought I'd ask. It'd be nice to not need to open the drums ya know.

I got 4 more drums yesterday so I'll 6 of those. I'll sell em years from now if I don't need em.

Doobis

Im not aware of one existing. It would be very difficult to load without opening the drum. There's a lot of tension to push 70 rounds up. That's why I made this stand. It tilts the drum back and allows you to feed the bullets into the drum a little easier. The angle helps prevent the bullets from falling over.

Deerhurst

Does anyone know if a Suomi drum mag loader exists? I see all of the stick mag loaders, I realize the drum mags are just akward for a mag loader used for sticks but eh I thought I'd ask. It'd be nice to not need to open the drums ya know.

I got 4 more drums yesterday so I'll 6 of those. I'll sell em years from now if I don't need em.
Not necessary. Open the drum, rotate it and let it latch fully wound, drop rounds in and go. Way way easier than trying to shove rounds down into the drum. Drums really are not bad to load. I happily load them vs a 30 round stick.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
No loaders were ever made for drums. With some practice and experience you can get them loaded fairly quickly, not to mention it's easier on the hands than loading double column, single feed magazines ( even with a mag loader).

SecondAmend

No loaders were ever made for drums. With some practice and experience you can get them loaded fairly quickly, not to mention it's easier on the hands than loading double column, single feed magazines ( even with a mag loader).
FWIW, with a little practice, one can very quickly load Black Dog .22LR drums with a McFadden loader.

And for 9mm (and .45 ACP?) drums that have an outside rotating body that winds the spring (e.g., ProMag Glock pattern drums), with a little practice one can use a strap wrench to wind the drum, and drop the ammo into the tower for very quick loading.

Unfortunately, Suomi (and Thompson) drums leave us without such options.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

GunsCarsPlanes

Hmm ok so it's def me.

I feel like when I cock back the drum mag only 1 or 2 notches; when everything loose snaps forward a round always gets cocked and I have to open the drum and start over.

If I cock the drum all the way open and don't fully load it, when it snaps forward the rounds get all messed up and out of orientation. It's gotta be something I'm doing theres no way people in battle with lives on the live are fumbling with drum mags like me hahah

skiboatsp

UZI Talk Supporter
Practice loading makes it easier each time. A good stand helps also.

IMG Bc.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221206_160413329 (2).jpg
    IMG_20221206_160413329 (2).jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 4

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Here's a video.

I personally do no press the button like both videos, without holding the winder, as I don't want to "snap" the drum. I like to slowly release the pressure after the button is pressed and then put the lid on.

If you want to load less than 70 cartridges, the clicks on the winder let you load as many as you want, about 9 rounds per click.

Last edited:

Deerhurst

Hmm ok so it's def me.

I feel like when I cock back the drum mag only 1 or 2 notches; when everything loose snaps forward a round always gets cocked and I have to open the drum and start over.

If I cock the drum all the way open and don't fully load it, when it snaps forward the rounds get all messed up and out of orientation. It's gotta be something I'm doing theres no way people in battle with lives on the live are fumbling with drum mags like me hahah
Like strobro I do not let it snap forward which can kick rounds in unexpected ways due to the sudden impact. I'll load what I want to load then release the follower and gently guide it to the last round by hand. Then I put the lid on.

SecondAmend

Like strobro I do not let it snap forward which can kick rounds in unexpected ways due to the sudden impact. I'll load what I want to load then release the follower and gently guide it to the last round by hand. Then I put the lid on.
Like that, except I use a winder, not a bare hand, to ease off the sprocket tension. (And I use a winder to apply the tension before loading in the ammo).
MHO, YMMV, etc.

Deerhurst

I've never used a winder. PPSh-41 and Suomi mags have enough to grab onto for it not to be a problem with me.

I do have twig like fingers though.

The one drum I always struggle with is the DP28/DPM drum. No easy way to load one.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter