suppressor round count guess.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
That said i've only used the dip never tried pins on the baffles because most large shops use SS pins or ceramic triangles to debur parts in tumblers.

My baffles don't need deburred and I'm affraid of rounding edges or enlarging the hole & clip with that type of media since i have seen how fast it deburrs parts.

Rich

Hmmm...that is a good point...I may have to rethink this...thanks!

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Ya in my 20's I had a friend that owned a tool & die shop that was still mostly manual very few CNC machines.

Worked there for a few months between him selling and the new owner upgrading everything they had to HAAS CNC.

Standard was cast iron & aluminum parts went in the ceramic triangle tumblers with machine coolant for 10 - 15 minutes on the times.

Anything harder went into the SS pin tumblers for the same time. all came out with very uniform de-burred peened over edged.
Anything left in the SS over the 15 minute mark came out with a finish that almost looked dimpled all over but you couldn't feel it and was considered a reject due to cosmetics and over rounded edges.

Rich

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I got everything cleaned up but forget to get pics of the baffles.
Took pictures of muzzle before and after. Everything turned out great.
Side note: I had the baffles in stainless pins for roughly 9 to 12 hours. I did NOT notice any real wear on the baffles from the stainless pins.

BEFORE:
25-DE4-BE8-583-D-48-D9-9398-3-E58-BA423-A43.jpg

AFTER:
086-F9-ABD-EB61-4-B2-A-93-B2-889-F3-A0806-FB.jpg

920487-B7-532-C-44-B5-8-C77-4-EFE612-C664-F.jpg

Last edited:

DaveC

50% white vinager /50% distilled water tablespoon of dawn detergent in sonic cleaner with heat or add very hot water will clean right off

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter