Tasco/Bushnell lifetime warranty is a sham!

jarhead jim

Range Brass Whore, UZI Talk Life Member,
Sent my Tasco World Class Plus tactical scope in for repairs. It has a lifetime warranty and I bought it new in the box a few years ago. It shelled out. I get this letter informing me that the cost of fixing it was more than the scope was worth. I was then told I could BUY a new one 30% off. What the fuck?! A lifetime warranty means if it dies in my lifetime it gets fixed or replaced for free or damned near. I didn't realize I died. Thought I would send this out for future members looking for a cheaper scope. I believe Bushnell bought out Tasco but should still be honoring their lifetime warranty. This is a scam!

Jim

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
I have some dog shit i will send you that i guarantee will be dog shit for as long as you own it, or I will send you some more, for free!

StooperZero

same here I bought one of their big varmint scopes a few years back ( dead first range trip) and repair/replacement for them would cost more than a new one .
plus they wanted shipping both ways .

WTF OVER!?

jarhead jim

I have some dog shit i will send you that i guarantee will be dog shit for as long as you own it, or I will send you some more, for free!

I did too and it was mounted atop a rifle!! Thanks for your generous offer Chris but I will have to respectfully recline the invitation to your request. :)

Jim

jarhead jim

Thanks for sharing! That's not good they're not honoring the warranty... Are you looking into other scopes?

Yep! Been doing some serious feedback investigation and been reading great reviews on the Vortex Viper series. Gonna blow the work bonus on the 6-24 by 50mm PST, FFP, MRAD. For those of us who can't afford a Nightforce, this is probably the second best for under 1K. Back ordered everywhere you look.

Jim

MPA guy

I had a similar experience as you JJ.

I had one of the Bushnell Holosights (which was actually just a rebranded Eotech 511) that kept draining the batteries even without being turned on, and they told me they were only warranted for 2 years.

Despite me having the paperwork and box that came with it that said otherwise.

I stopped buying bushnell stuff.

Tasco too, though in all fairness, they did replace a tasco trail camera for me once.

jt526

UZI Talk Life Member
I've got a holosight that does the same, never thought about sending it in, good thing I guess. I have a Bushnell FLP spotting scope in for repairs right now, I hope I have better luck, since it is discontinued I'm hoping they repair it. I'll report back when I hear.

Vortex viper is some seriously good glass, but I've had good luck with the Leupold Lifetime warranty on two $1K+ scopes, both purchased used for about 1/2 price, fixed no questions asked.

Pat M

UZI Talk Supporter
I run the Nightforce and IOR (both painted and run hard) no issues and next one will be a Vortex mid range ($700 ish) / a buch of my shooting friends have them and like them, from what i hear their Warranty is top notch.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter