The perfect 9mm pistol suppressor host

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
img_2659.jpg

• fixed barrel
  • solid red dot mount

SilencerCo took the integral can off and fixed the trigger.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/07/17/sneak-peek-developmental-maxim-9-non-nfa-from-silencerco/

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
its longer

if they didn't fix the trigger its garbage still...just longer garbage

mine is ammo fussy w/ hard primers...158 grain ppu wont work

trigger is an abomination

this new one is a smarter idea if that stubby silencer is as quiet as the old model.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
its longer

if they didn't fix the trigger its garbage still...just longer garbage

mine is ammo fussy w/ hard primers...158 grain ppu wont work

trigger is an abomination

this new one is a smarter idea if that stubby silencer is as quiet as the old model.

They say it has a completely reworked trigger. Wonder if it will be usable to upgrade the original maxim-9.

If the trigger is good and it's like < $700, I'll be buying one for the nightstand. I'll just stick the Bowers VERS-9 on there and never have to worry about going deaf if I had to use it indoors.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
sights sucked too. they are night sights, yet not bright white during the day. I think the rears are good, but the front sight is oddly dark.
I strongly recommend against buying one. the gun has some really neat things and looks high quality in some ways. In other ways it looks like 0 testing and stupid beyond belief. Its a B or C grade gun. Its not a Glock or HK. If I were to arm my enemy I would give them Maxim 9s

its a range toy. not a serious weapon. Maybe some day it will be, but not today

their customer service is horrible too

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
sights sucked too. they are night sights, yet not bright white during the day. I think the rears are good, but the front sight is oddly dark.
I strongly recommend against buying one. the gun has some really neat things and looks high quality in some ways. In other ways it looks like 0 testing and stupid beyond belief. Its a B or C grade gun. Its not a Glock or HK. If I were to arm my enemy I would give them Maxim 9s

Is there another delayed blowback pistol with a fixed barrel I can put a red dot on without gunsmithing?

ccosby

The sights didn't bother me that much, they are not great but are not bad. The rmr mounting however was too far forward. I know why they did it but it takes me longer to line up for the dot vs using the irons making it worthless. The fact that silencerco didn't bother having holsters ready to go for it make me wonder how much they cared about it being usable.

The trigger is the worst part. Apparently the later guns got better but the one on my early one is really bad. I hope their improved trigger ends up being backwards compatible.

Their customer service in my experience is an absolute joke.

Sadly I think the gun is a range toy as well. Its sad as it had potential, I just hope a better company ends up seeing that and making a good version.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
For me all the 'issues' have workarounds or at least 'bearable'.....

Sights - Totally agree on that but thank God they made it compatible with Glock sights. I replaced my sites with the Ameriglo Glock sites:
p_100026286_1.jpg

Trigger - I read all the reviews about the horrible trigger before I decided to buy my Maxim9. It did seem that the trigger got better so I took a chance. Out of the box, mine was a little gritty and on the heavy side. After shooting it more, most of the grittiness is gone but still on the heavy side.
I don't see why the new non-NFA Maxim trigger wouldn't be compatible so I hope to see if Sico offers it later.

Light hits - yeah read about that too. I reload 100% of my 9mm as I run 147 GR exclusively. So sure enough, I have light hits with CCI primers. Federal primers are the most sensitive to my knowledge so got a case of them and use Federals for the Maxim9 and it is 100% with them. Yeah it sux to have to use a specific primer just for this one gun but it is a unique animal that I'm willing to do this for.

Parts - another concern is lack of spare parts. Although I haven't broken anything, I would like to get a spare slide assembly and of course better trigger at some point.

PROS:
Accuracy - This gun is very accurate....at least mine is

Shortest 9mm suppressed pistol - I'm sure someone will say config XXXX is shorter but I don't think you will find any 9mm suppressed pistol that is the length or shorter that is this quiet DRY.

I've played around with so many different holsters and configurations to drag around a suppressed 9mm handgun for SMG and carbine matches that it is ridiculous. Kneeling almost always results in the can hitting something or moves too much when running. The Maxim9 is kinda ugly and looks like a boat oar but I'm a function over form kinda guy and I finally have a setup that I can use in matches with a short OAL and doesn't flop around.

I like it so much that I don't really see myself using my suppressed Glocks, Berettas etc. anymore other than for demonstrations.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Ive got a later made one. I compared it to my gun shops maxim 9. Trigger is the same. Tossing oil on all the trigger linkage helps. Mine wouldn’t work with the lighter trigger springs. That’s how I learned about silencer co’s incorrect chamber issue.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I wonder if you could make an offset mount to get a red dot closer to the back of the pistol. On the other hand, what's the difference of a few inches when you're already holding it at arm's length.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I wonder if you could make an offset mount to get a red dot closer to the back of the pistol. On the other hand, what's the difference of a few inches when you're already holding it at arm's length.

As I mentioned, I had played with various configurations over the years before the Maxim 9 came out.

Pictured below is one of my old setups.
Using a Ghost holster and I had the slide drilled/tapped for a Doctor sight. One nice thing about having the optic mounted forward of the breach is that all the blast that exits the chamber doesn't foul up the optics lens in that position.
That would be the case with the Maxim as well.

right_ready.jpg

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Amphibian what kind of matches are you shooting?

Before wife and kids, I used to do a lot of SMG matches which would also do transitions to pistols. Hard for me to do it on a regular basis anymore but when I do go, I like to have the SMG and pistol suppressed so I don't bother with any hearing protection when I'm up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter