UZI barrel nut to hub thread

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Relevant thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Suppressed-Uzi-Suggestions-/22-546032/
Anyone know of a 'hub' mount (1.375x24) to UZI barrel nut?
I think that would be awesome to leverage all the 1.375x24 suppressors for the UZI and use a cut down UZI barrel for the most compact setup.
Does TitleIIArms still post here? A new product offering for them if nobody makes something like that?

dawg180

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
If no one else is making one I would be happy to make a batch, as I want a couple too!

I also am running a few prototype barrel nuts that would allow you to build your own direct thread suppressor with 1.375" I.D. tubing, freeze plugs, and washers like I did with my post sample Sten. Really easy to do even as a form 1 build. : )

Sven
Manticore Arms

litfire145

If no one else is making one I would be happy to make a batch, as I want a couple too!

I also am running a few prototype barrel nuts that would allow you to build your own direct thread suppressor with 1.375" I.D. tubing, freeze plugs, and washers like I did with my post sample Sten. Really easy to do even as a form 1 build. : )

Sven
Manticore Arms

This sounds interesting, how does the form 1 can work?

jurist

A female hub mount for the MK9K would be amazing.

Dawg if you make a micro UZI barrel nut to HUB adapter I'd be in for some.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
dawg180, can you make it like the Gemtech mount below?
Uzi-barrel-nut-mk9k.png

dawg180

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
I can design whatever you want, bit i need to know the thread and length of that thread for the interface for the suppressor.

If people can get me that I can make things happen. ;)

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I can design whatever you want, bit i need to know the thread and length of that thread for the interface for the suppressor.

If people can get me that I can make things happen. ;)
I put that in my first post...it is the industry standard 'Hub' thread which is 1.375x24...
See article below.
https://www.recoilweb.com/the-universal-silencer-standard-1-375x24-156634.html
Now regarding the length of the thread you can see that while the length of the threads appears the same as pictured below, some adapters have a a non-threaded area beyond the the threads that go into the suppressor as you can see below.
FWIW, I have the 3 lug adapter pictured in the bottom left that doesn't have that non-threaded area that is made by Griffin Armament and some other Griffin Armament mounts do have the non-threaded area so not sure why...maybe additional support for their cans but my Silencerco Omega doesn't have the non-threaded area.

universal_000-670x446.jpg

dawg180

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
I saw the your first post, but just the thread pattern doe not tell me if there is an industry standard for the length of the threaded portion, or why some companies do it different ways. I will do some further research.

The article is helpful, thanks.

The other thing to keep in mind with an uzi barrel nut mount is there has to be enough standoff so the barrel does not run into the first baffle (and the distance to the first internal baffle can vary from can to can). Gemtech does this by having an extended adapter for their cans.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I saw the your first post, but just the thread pattern doe not tell me if there is an industry standard for the length of the threaded portion, or why some companies do it different ways. I will do some further research.

The article is helpful, thanks.

The other thing to keep in mind with an uzi barrel nut mount is there has to be enough standoff so the barrel does not run into the first baffle (and the distance to the first internal baffle can vary from can to can). Gemtech does this by having an extended adapter for their cans.
Yes but just about every hub compatible can that I'm talking about using this for accepts brakes, FHs or 3 lugs that go in deeper than a cut down Uzi barrel. I can't speak for all the Uzi enthusiasts in this thread but my appeal for something like this is to NOT use an obnoxiously long adapter that uses unmodified UZI barrels.

I may try to just modify a barrel nut to fit in a hub mount and TIG it in place and see how it works out.

Last edited:

dawg180

Ar-15 Guru, Uzi Novice
I understand, and I agree with compact being ideal, but if I make up a batch of these for sale, some people are going to assume that it means their suppressor will work with the standard 10" uzi barrel and whatever suppressor they are running.

Just making sure we are all on the same page. I think I have a Griffin suppressor in house that would have the standard "hub" 1.375 x 24 tpi threading on it, so I can use that as a reference point. Things are a bit busy right now, but I already have an uzi barrel nut developed in my CAD system, so it should not be too hard to modify that for 1.375x34 tpi threads on the end of it.

P.S. Amphibian, specifically what suppressor(s) do you want to run on your uzi? (I know anything with a hub threading, but what cans do you currently have that you are hoping to run)

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm not clear that the Vers thread = the hub thread.
..I presumed that it is different since he sells a Vers to Hub thread adapter

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a SWR mount that works with a 10” barrel 9mm I would love to have one that works with the 45 cal conversion I have. I am not sure of the thread pitch of the suppressor but it works on the trident 9 and also on a AAC Tirant.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Done!...well probably need to sandblast and parkerize it at some point but good enough to shoot.
Uzi-hub-mount3.jpg

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter