Uzi stock weld broke. Need advise

dgleavitt

What about an AK Type rivet? Not sure how hard the metal on the stocks are but if they are like the magazines then you might need a carbide drill, and a way to crush the rivet.

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
Ah. The spot welds came loose... Without a spot welder you may be able to drill a hole or 2 and plug weld it... But buying a new one sounds less efforty

dgleavitt

Ugg. It may sound anal but I took the top cover, bolt and folding stock off my RR GI Uzi. After I saw my friend destroy the bolt and top cover from an out of battery(the bolt was a GI and new top covers didn’t match) I replaced mine with surplus stuff. I keep the original parts for when I sell it, not that having a GI Bolt is a good thing...

Consider the spot it is in, I still say JB weld(24hr cure) after proper surface prep. It might or might not hold up to the stress of firing but it won’t ruin the finish if you clean up the excess before it sets. Then get a 20 dollar surplus stock and keep the matching one set aside, or shoot it. Up to you obviously.

liston336

Tig weld is best. Can mig at low voltage but either way your coating must be ground off for weld to stick. Will have to re-paint / coat

emrisg

UZI Talk Life Member
I just ordered 2 stocks from RTG. I will just have to live with the color difference. Thanks for the help.

I am going to try to weld the broken one just to see what I can do with it.

PDXsparky

UZI Talk Supporter
Forget the folding stock. Get a wood stock. It will be much more comfortable to shoot.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter