Where to find a semi auto full size Uzi recoil spring assembly?

MG34_Dan

I posted a WTB in the appropriate section, but I did not get one response. Does anybody know where I can get a real semi auto full size Uzi recoil spring assembly? I'm not interested in a full auto spring without the little buffer pad. What I'm looking for is pictured below, second from the left.

recoilSprings.jpg

Somebody out there must know where I can get one.

MARKW

Won't a full auto spring with the cardboard buffer cut off work in a SA? That is what I was planning on using for my McKay build.

chipster

UZI Talk Life Member
that is specifically what McKay builds/bolts need. not true for all/most semi uzis

rcbif

Won't a full auto spring with the cardboard buffer cut off work in a SA? That is what I was planning on using for my McKay build.

The McKay has a deeper counterbore to allow it to use the full auto recoil spring. Others do not, and require a shorter recoil spring.

rcbif

What do you mean by a deeper counter bore??
the uzi recoil spring assy goes into a counterbored hole In the bolt. The small diameter is a thru hole which lets the rod stick out the end, while the larger hole is where the spring is housed, and the counterbore face is what the spring presses up against. Its this large hole that is deeper than some semi auto bolts that lets it use the origional recoil spring.Not sure how else to explain it. Its a counterbored hole...

MARKW

I am using a Mckay receiver and an IMI .45 ACP bolt. I assume I would need a semi-auto bolt correct??

358NormaMag

Yes, a full auto bolt will not fit because it does not have a slot in it. Open bolts(illegal semi) and slotted bolts(full auto) would make it an illegal machine gun.

shatter

I can post in a new thread but thought it might be better to bring this back than starting a new one. I need a USA made recoil spring assembly without the pad on one end that is approximately 8.5 inches long (size of original Norinco supplied recoil spring). I bought one but it came out at about 10.5 inches long and won't work. Where might I find the shorted one I need?

Thanks!

358NormaMag

You may have to make one by cutting the spring and rod. Then flare the end you cut, but knowing the correct length is a must. There maybe a how to on this process. The full auto spring always worked for me.

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
We have semi recoil spring assemblies at UZI HQ. If you need a different length just put a note on the order about the length you need.

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
Shatter,
Recoil springs are not considered 922(r) compliant parts on Uzis as per ATF.

MG34_Dan,
There are two different full size semi auto Uzi recoil springs. You need to see how deep the step in the recoil spring pocket is drilled in your bolt. Original IMI semi auto Uzis have the step about half way along the length of the bolt. These use the shorter length guide like the one in the picture. SMG converted bolts and some aftermarket bolts have the step almost to the front end of the bolt. These use a standard SMG recoil spring assembly with the red fiber buffer removed.

shatter

Shatter,
Recoil springs are not considered 922(r) compliant parts on Uzis as per ATF.

MG34_Dan,
There are two different full size semi auto Uzi recoil springs. You need to see how deep the step in the recoil spring pocket is drilled in your bolt. Original IMI semi auto Uzis have the step about half way along the length of the bolt. These use the shorter length guide like the one in the picture. SMG converted bolts and some aftermarket bolts have the step almost to the front end of the bolt. These use a standard SMG recoil spring assembly with the red fiber buffer removed.

Sorry, it looks like I am using the wrong terms, I need the operating rod / spring assembly. My understanding is that the operating rod / spring assembly can be used for 922r compliance. Mine is approx 8.5 inches long that needs to be replaced but the US made one I have is 10.5 inches long.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter